Cadets 2020

On 8/16/2019 at 7:02 PM, FTNK said:

So the majority response of DCPers to the 2018 incident is "didn't happen, they're out for money"? Coooool

Seems like there was a lengthy thread about this in July and pretty much every possible DCP opinion was aired.

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, exitmusic said:

Super excited for 2020. We've put together a GREAT brass staff and a GREAT visual staff. 

Everybody's coming home.

Ooooh...I wanna know who's coming home 😍

11 hours ago, exitmusic said:

Super excited for 2020. We've put together a GREAT brass staff and a GREAT visual staff. 

Everybody's coming home.

Other than for childlike attention, is there any reason you'd say this without mentioning names? C'mon.

• Haha 3

46 minutes ago, Tad_MMA said:

Other than for childlike attention, is there any reason you'd say this without mentioning names? C'mon.

Maybe Gino, Bocook, and Sacktig?

12 hours ago, exitmusic said:

Everybody's coming home.

Please show your work.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

So Just speculation here; I haven't heard anything from anyone inside or outside the organization.

But looking at the available "Free Agents" out in the field who would be a big name that could move the needle.. Some names that come to mind;

Donnie Van Doren, History with Garfield in the 80's and was part of the Star, Blast, and Crown in the early years of their rise into the top Ranks of Brass performance.. HE has history with Denise as they wehere around the Corps at the same time, And I would imagine know each other and are friends.. 

Wayne Dillon - Currently one of DCI's Top Judges had previous involvement with the Cadets and Boston as a Brass Caption head. He has in depth knowledge of what it takes to have strong Modern day Brass line.

Those are two that have history with the Corps that I Think could move the needle in Recruitment..

As for the visual, I have said for a couple of Months now that Jeff Sacktig's return back to Cadets would make the most sense for Everyone at the Cadets.. His Geometric mastery and Sheer speed have been the staple of the Cadets for nearly three decades.. Crown enjoyed his brilliance this past season and while the Crownies initially snarled at his drill it came to bear fruit in the GE and Visual Captions later in the season.. While he is not a "Free Agent" per say, I doubt he's in a contract with Crown that would not allow him to move where he pleases... Especially with how nice and gracious Jeff has been with Crown.

IF he is not drawn away then another recent Drill writer with some success is Marc Sylvester.. Sully comes with a full Sully package but he has shown himself to be capable of producing a worthy product for the Cadets and is a known commodity.. 

With Jeff, I think now Comes Rick Subel.. Their collaboration at Paramount has been amazing for both and have elevated both to new heights especially in Jeff's Guard staging..  If Jeff moves It would be hard for me to imagine Rick not going with him as well..

IF Rick doesn't come along with Jeff or if Jeff doesn't move, Then for the Guard a good match up would be the staff responsible for AMP Winterguard.. Matt Hurley and Louis Hellinger They have assume the top guard position in NJ after the departure of the staff from Alter Ego last year and would have a strong local connection to NJ and Southeast PA which are prime recruiting areas for The Cadets.. 

Again not Rumors, Just Educated Speculation for possible staff acquisitions that would make an immediate impact.. 

Edited by Glenn426
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Glenn426 said:

So Just speculation here; I haven't heard anything from anyone inside or outside the organization.

But looking at the available "Free Agents" out in the field who would be a big name that could move the needle.. Some names that come to mind;

Donnie Van Doren, History with Garfield in the 80's and was part of the Star, Blast, and Crown in the early years of their rise into the top Ranks of Brass performance.. HE has history with Denise as they wehere around the Corps at the same time, And I would imagine know each other and are friends.. 

Wayne Dillon - Currently one of DCI's Top Judges had previous involvement with the Cadets and Boston as a Brass Caption head. He has in depth knowledge of what it takes to have strong Modern day Brass line.

Those are two that have history with the Corps that I Think could move the needle in Recruitment..

As for the visual, I have said for a couple of Months now that Jeff Sacktig's return back to Cadets would make the most sense for Everyone at the Cadets.. His Geometric mastery and Sheer speed have been the staple of the Cadets for nearly three decades.. Crown enjoyed his brilliance this past season and while the Crownies initially snarled at his drill it came to bear fruit in the GE and Visual Captions later in the season.. While he is not a "Free Agent" per say, I doubt he's in a contract with Crown that would not allow him to move where he pleases... Especially with how nice and gracious Jeff has been with Crown.

IF he is not drawn away then another recent Drill writer with some success is Marc Sylvester.. Sully comes with a full Sully package but he has shown himself to be capable of producing a worthy product for the Cadets and is a known commodity.. 

With Jeff, I think now Comes Rick Subel.. Their collaboration at Paramount has been amazing for both and have elevated both to new heights especially in Jeff's Guard staging..  If Jeff moves It would be hard for me to imagine Rick not going with him as well..

IF Rick doesn't come along with Jeff or if Jeff doesn't move, Then for the Guard a good match up would be the staff responsible for AMP Winterguard.. Matt Hurley and Louis Hellinger They have assume the top guard position in NJ after the departure of the staff from Alter Ego last year and would have a strong local connection to NJ and Southeast PA which are prime recruiting areas for The Cadets.. 

Again not Rumors, Just Educated Speculation for possible staff acquisitions that would make an immediate impact.. 

I think Saktig makes a lot of sense. He clearly still loves The Cadets, but I don't know if he would really want to leave his job at Crown. He seemed really happy to be there. Then again, a lot has changed with The Cadets so perhaps the things that he was told was enough to bring him back. They definitely need him and that might be enough. 

Dillon was with our staff for a little while in 2000, but didn't get to work with him a lot. I know this won't happen, but I'd love to see Matt Harloff come back to The Cadets. Donnie has obviously worked with them a lot over the years but I think it would probably be more likely that someone trained under Donnie would come back as opposed to Donnie himself.

I do think we will find out about the staff sooner rather than later. If it is a good staff, I would think they would want to announce that before the camps to get more talent and build excitement. The later they wait, the less of an impact it will make. 

46 minutes ago, Glenn426 said:

Nope.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1