Cadets 2020

4 minutes ago, Algernon said:

Plenty of openings at Cadets now. Corps director & tour admin, staff with the exception of Tom & Neil are all gone.

Link?

On 8/20/2019 at 10:28 AM, tesmusic said:

True, but these are drum corps contracts, not military, people can go if they choose.

They can, but there are a couple of factors that may play into walking away from a contract:  Lawsuit & injunction preventing working elsewhere in the activity for a period of time.  And maybe a  non-compete clause if you will.  A good lawyer would be able to enforce a contract and it so happens the Executive Director of BAC is a lawyer..  But as I understand it there is a very good relationship between the staff and the organization. It is not a drum corps contract, whatever THAT is.  But there are legitimate contracts for the key staff people.  My point is that anyone can walk away from a contract at their own risk.

32 minutes ago, Algernon said:

Plenty of openings at Cadets now. Corps director & tour admin, staff with the exception of Tom & Neil are all gone.

You make unsubstantiated assertions under a pseudonym. Even should you prove correct, those facts make you no more than a rumormonger.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Algernon said:

Show proof or shut up and stop creating fake news.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, jonwoody said:

Show proof or shut up and stop creating fake news.

Better idea... report the posts and let the chips fall where they may.... DCP wants to know of anything that could get it into legal trouble including untrue statements...

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

I  am guessing that if there are openings, they have people lined up to fill those positions. Just can't announce due to new rules voted on back in 2016. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SuperSaderFan said:

I  am guessing that if there are openings, they have people lined up to fill those positions. Just can't announce due to new rules voted on back in 2016. 

Exactly 

3 hours ago, LabMaster said:

They can, but there are a couple of factors that may play into walking away from a contract:  Lawsuit & injunction preventing working elsewhere in the activity for a period of time.  And maybe a  non-compete clause if you will.  A good lawyer would be able to enforce a contract and it so happens the Executive Director of BAC is a lawyer..  But as I understand it there is a very good relationship between the staff and the organization. It is not a drum corps contract, whatever THAT is.  But there are legitimate contracts for the key staff people.  My point is that anyone can walk away from a contract at their own risk.

Give me a break, it’s marching band.

1 hour ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Better idea... report the posts and let the chips fall where they may.... DCP wants to know of anything that could get it into legal trouble including untrue statements...

And what exactly has been written here that can be legitimate grounds for some sort of meaningful legal action? That so-and-so is getting fired? The more apt question would be: Has there ever been a lawsuit filed by anyone against DCP in the past for false statements or defamation of character? I honestly don’t know the answer to that question so someone please enlighten me if I’m mistaken.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1