Cadets 2020

11 hours ago, BeachBum said:

They've announced the announcement! lol

cadets.org

FACEBOOK.png

As soon as we figure out what to say...

at least they wanted until after DCA....

With a hype teaser like that and announcing as soon as they can I hope it is BIG news and not just a couple of small changes LOL.

1 hour ago, cadet93 said:

With a hype teaser like that and announcing as soon as they can I hope it is BIG news and not just a couple of small changes LOL.

Like any announcement of this nature, there will be those who think it’s huge and predict gold in 2020. Others will be the opposite and predict a disaster of Titanic proportions. To me, what the people being announced can bring to the table is what matters most. Sometimes a small and seemingly small announcement can be the tweaking that is needed and when all is said and done is huge.

Cadets has a great deal of potential, but the right staff is needed. 

57 minutes ago, Tim K said:

Like any announcement of this nature, there will be those who think it’s huge and predict gold in 2020. Others will be the opposite and predict a disaster of Titanic proportions. To me, what the people being announced can bring to the table is what matters most. Sometimes a small and seemingly small announcement can be the tweaking that is needed and when all is said and done is huge.

Cadets has a great deal of potential, but the right staff is needed. 

Agreed. We'll find out in a few hours if rumors hold true but if they do, I think this staff has a lot to bring. Now, they just need to attract the talent to BRING IT.

13 minutes ago, BeachBum said:

Agreed. We'll find out in a few hours if rumors hold true but if they do, I think this staff has a lot to bring. Now, they just need to attract the talent to BRING IT.

And they do not have a bumper crop of C2 members to draw from any longer.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MusicManNJ said:

And they do not have a bumper crop of C2 members to draw from any longer.

You say it like The Cadets were incredibly successful because they had C2 as a feeder corps. The Cadets had more championships without C2 than they did with C2. Any correlation? Probably not, but its not like they are in new territory.

They will get members just like most of the other corps.. through advertising and camps. They will be just fine.

Edited by East9900
  • Like 5

On 8/30/2019 at 2:25 PM, jwillis35 said:

I think this chart by Holsinger would make for a great Cadets show. 

Edit: This is a neat version of the Holsinger work (On The Grand Prairie Texas). I like the photo montage throughout. 

This is a winner, and it screams Cadets. Thanks for sharing it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, cadet93 said:

They’re going to be very strong on the brass and perc side.  Just hope the new guard staff is a big enough upgrade. 

• Like 1

On 8/29/2019 at 5:52 PM, 2000Cadet said:

This all sounds exciting, but I am continually learning to save my excitement until August. 

Exactly! I have become far more skeptical of the Cadets hype machine in the past few years. I want to see positive results in the competition field like they’re accomplishing with rebuilding the corps’ reputation.

• Like 1