Cadets 2020

4 hours ago, East9900 said:

You say it like The Cadets were incredibly successful because they had C2 as a feeder corps. The Cadets had more championships without C2 than they did with C2. Any correlation? Probably not, but its not like they are in new territory.

They will get members just like most of the other corps.. through advertising and camps. They will be just fine.

Hell C2 often had better design the last few years

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, DCIKnowItAll said:

It’s pretty easy to figure out:

Bonfiglio will take over as director

bocook is writing brass

aungst is writing percussion 

bilby writing visual

donny VanDoren consulting

Matt Stratton brass caption head (been with Bloo but is a cadet alum)

my guess is there will be more consultants as well....not sure about guard.  

“Because that’s what DCIKnowItAll says”

Bigger changes elsewhere Phantom, SCV, BD and Crown to care about!

Meh - if this is true I'm not that excited honestly.  Need much more visual umpf....while I respect Bilby as an amazing Cadet Alum.  He has no experience writing/staging shows especially not in the WGI way that is needed now....I'm hoping for a different visual team.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, FTNK said:

I'm not saying I've found the Lindbergh baby or anything, but I happened to end up here  https://yea.org/civicrm/contribute/transact?reset=1&id=105 Where it says "Audition packets contain tons of information about The Cadets and Cadets2, tips, exercises and techniques, and much more. It is an essential tool for anyone interested in becoming a Cadet."

Why would the packets have information for a folded corps (Cadets2) unless...

considering C2 is nowhere else on the site, i think someone either gave them a million dollars to erase the financial hole or someone never bothered to update stuff

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, cadet93 said:

Meh - if this is true I'm not that excited honestly.  Need much more visual umpf....while I respect Bilby as an amazing Cadet Alum.  He has no experience writing/staging shows especially not in the WGI way that is needed now....I'm hoping for a different visual team.

I’d agree 100% it wouldn’t surprise me if Jeff is consulting in some fashion but who knows.    That’s all I know at this point....

and thats a lot.....

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DCIKnowItAll said:

I’d agree 100% it wouldn’t surprise me if Jeff is consulting in some fashion but who knows.    That’s all I know at this point....

and thats a lot.....

Do we know Sacktig is staying at Crown?

38 minutes ago, FTNK said:

I'm not saying I've found the Lindbergh baby or anything, but I happened to end up here  https://yea.org/civicrm/contribute/transact?reset=1&id=105 Where it says "Audition packets contain tons of information about The Cadets and Cadets2, tips, exercises and techniques, and much more. It is an essential tool for anyone interested in becoming a Cadet."

Why would the packets have information for a folded corps (Cadets2) unless...

Someone must be watching here LOL. Cadets2 has since been removed from that page

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3