Cadets 2020

21 hours ago, dans said:

Just finished watching the Cadets brass webinar. Wow, exciting stuff going on at the Cadets. They have assembled an amazing brass staff with a good amount of previous Cadets. Fair amount of former Bluecoats members as well. Jay Bocook (brass arranger) mentioned that the show will honor the Cadets tradition. However, the show will not be old school and it will be relevant. The brass caption head announced that the breath-duh playing technique is returning to the Cadets brass line, where it started years ago!

Here's a link

https://ustream.tv/recorded/123961325

Just crazy exciting stuff to say the least :)

the new caption manager (Cadets alum) is just a bad ### - haven't met him but he already reeks of confidence and vision. I know he's done GREAT things at Coats and I'm so excited to hear Cadets brass this coming summer

Edited by George Dixon
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Continental said:

I sincerely hope honoring the Cadets tradition means a return to maroon and gold.

highly doubt the traditional M&G is returning - maybe the color scheme though...

18 minutes ago, FTNK said:

They threw away their shot.

absolutely - a bust. Like Cadets 2015 or Crown 2017 - ended a great run with a dud

Edited by George Dixon

54 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

highly doubt the traditional M&G is returning - maybe the color scheme though...

You may be right.

If that is the case, it would be nice to see a modern take on M&G.  I'm sure it can be done very well to tie tradition and innovation.  Weren't there some drawings from an amateur a few years ago on what a modern Cadets uniform might look like?  I may be going farther back than a few years ago with this one.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

All sounds great. I just hope they live up to what they're promising. 

This brass staff has a way better record of success than the one they are replacing. That is clearly a good start. And I would think that Matt Stratton (previous brass caption head at Bluecoats) will attract some talent.

10 minutes ago, dans said:

This brass staff has a way better record of success than the one they are replacing. That is clearly a good start. And I would think that Matt Stratton (previous brass caption head at Bluecoats) will attract some talent.

I hope so. Although I am excited to see THIS staff, I am sick of getting enthusiastic just to be disappointed in the end. 

Edited by 2000Cadet
  • Like 2