Cadets 2020

1 hour ago, 2000Cadet said:

I hope so. Although I am excited to see THIS staff, I am sick of getting enthusiastic just to be disappointed in the end. 

I get it (believe me, I do!)

We only have the "staff announcement" -- we want to see & hear it on the FIELD come June 2020

I hope we will. The announcements are positive... but really in the end what will we see & hear?

I find myself even more excited by the guard side of things - and I'm not really a guard guy - but those guards when April was in charge before kept stealing my attention and focus away from the rest of the corps. The were such great performers and so impactful and so clean - THAT I'm even more looking forwards to

Can April & team bring the corps' Guard back to the top? 

This 1996 guard (23 years ago) is a guard I couldn't take my eyes off that season:

June 2020 can't get here soon enough!

Edited by George Dixon
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I hope so. Although I am excited to see THIS staff, I am sick of getting enthusiastic just to be disappointed in the end. 

I feel your pain! It has been extremely frustrating being a Cadets fan in recent years. Last season was beyond frustrating.

All sounds great. I just hope they live up to what they're promising. 

I think recent announcements are so much more promising than past years. 

So I'm optimistic.

The challenge I have is the Cadets that I love so much vs. wtf is going on with modern programming. I really am so sick of props and the little they add. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Continental said:

I think recent announcements are so much more promising than past years. 

So I'm optimistic.

The challenge I have is the Cadets that I love so much vs. wtf is going on with modern programming. I really am so sick of props and the little they add. 

That's just part of the game now if you want to be a competitive drum corps. The last corps to win without extensive props was what, Crown 2013?

Don't hate the player, hate the game.

48 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

I get it (believe me, I do!)

We only have the "staff announcement" -- we want to see & hear it on the FIELD come June 2020

I hope we will. The announcements are positive... but really in the end what will we see & hear?

I find myself even more excited by the guard side of things - and I'm not really a guard guy - but those guards when April was in charge before kept stealing my attention and focus away from the rest of the corps. The were such great performers and so impactful and so clean - THAT I'm even more looking forwards to

Can April & team bring the corps' Guard back to the top? 

This 1996 guard (23 years ago) is a guard I couldn't take my eyes off that season:

June 2020 can't get here soon enough!

I'm with you George!

On 9/13/2019 at 6:57 PM, 2000Cadet said:

REALLY wish Cadets would tackle the Ambient music genre. There are so many ballads that are just WAITING to be played. 

You have indicated prior that you were part of Cadets '99. It think it was your first year with the corps after Crossmen.

Through your experiences, you have acknowledged that it was a difficult year for the corps. 

The ballad from 1999 is breathtaking.  Open, flowing and so moving.  So Cadets.  

In the videos I see from 1999 I cannot recognize that it was a difficult year.  I just see excellence.  Every part of that year was nothing  but excellence.

That is what I miss.  I miss that confidence of excellence with the Cadets.

I am optimistic about the coming year.  So many returning who know about The Cadets and excellence. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, George Dixon said:

Here's a link

https://ustream.tv/recorded/123961325

Just crazy exciting stuff to say the least 🙂

the new caption manager (Cadets alum) is just a bad ### - haven't met him but he already reeks of confidence and vision. I know he's done GREAT things at Coats and I'm so excited to hear Cadets brass this coming summer

Main guy in the video seems like a no-nonsense guy. Marched contra in 90s Cadets? I'm sold. And like 4 techs per section? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Continental said:

You have indicated prior that you were part of Cadets '99. It think it was your first year with the corps after Crossmen.

Through your experiences, you have acknowledged that it was a difficult year for the corps. 

The ballad from 1999 is breathtaking.  Open, flowing and so moving.  So Cadets.  

In the videos I see from 1999 I cannot recognize that it was a difficult year.  I just see excellence.  Every part of that year was nothing  but excellence.

That is what I miss.  I miss that confidence of excellence with the Cadets.

I am optimistic about the coming year.  So many returning who know about The Cadets and excellence. 

Yeah I marched Cadets in 99 and 2000. Almost didn't go back because 99 was terrible in my opinion, but 2000 definitely made up for it. Not many people saw it was a difficult year because they didn't really see the drama behind the scenes. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FTNK said:

Main guy in the video seems like a no-nonsense guy. Marched contra in 90s Cadets? I'm sold. And like 4 techs per section? 

Totally agree. He’s as no nonsense as Liam Neeson