Cadets 2020

On 9/19/2019 at 7:30 AM, waliman4444 said:

Ballads are cool and I hope they choose a really compelling piece of music, but for me the music you come on with and exit with is as important if not more so than a great ballad.. IMHO the Bluecoats first ending last season made more sense musically than the obvious GE boosting "hey jude"..so from the first hit on, keep the MUSIC exciting whatever the genre

The hey Jude ending was so wack and cheesy 🤮

59 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

The hey Jude ending was so wack and cheesy 🤮

And LOS stood and sang “Hey Jude” with Bloo. I like Bloo cheese. 

And I am not sure why this is popping up in the Cadets 2020 thread.

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

i think it's great. But anymore, i'm a skeptic til I see it. 

Well we’re discussing the staff announcement, which we’ve seen. Haven’t seen anyone making competitive predictions or whatever... 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

staff alone doesn't do it all. they have to design a cohesive package and get the kids to pull it off. See SCV 17 and 19.

You're stating the obvious...you don't think people on this site are smart enough to realize this? You really don't have to talk down to people for being excited about their corps. Especially the Cadets...we have been longing for something to be excited about. Just let drum corps fans be excited about their team...no harm in that. Geez!

Fantastic staff changes. Very interested to see what the Cadets bring to the table this coming season. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

And I am not sure why this is popping up in the Cadets 2020 thread. Cadets 

Just tried to explain, how musically, in my opinion, Blooo, had the perfect ending to their show in June..was merely expressing my hope that MUSICALLY the Cadets would not sacrifice good music for a GE boost..Bluecoats are one of my favorite corps and arguably could have been DCI champions this year..so that's how they ended up in this discussion ..no shade intended..peace

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

And I am not sure why this is popping up in the Cadets 2020 thread.

I enjoy Bloo Cheese but not blue cheese. I’m more a fan of honey mustard, Parmesan peppercorn, and ranch.😋

Here’s where I would make a connection between Bloo, “Hey Jude” and Cadets. 

I will remember Bloo In 2019 for years to come, and finishing with the audiences in Allentown and Indy singing is a huge reason for it. Certain great moments create enthusiasm.

Cadets have had so many of those great moments: singing Amen after “I Don’t Know How to Love Him,” the mock solo in “Elk’s Parade,” “Rocky Point Holiday,” the entire  1984 show, plane propellers, anytime “Appalachian Spring” was performed, and the list could go on, I was captivated. When I watch any of these moments on DVD, I’m carried back in time, but I’m not traveling back in time hoping to see them again. Cadets could create great moments that were innovative at the time and became classics in later years. Hopefully a the current staff will do just that.

• Like 2