Cadets 2020

1 hour ago, 2000Cadet said:

If this is real, it was STUPID to post it on social media. And why is it that everyone seems to find every negative thing to want to post on this forum, as if there isn't enough to worry about? 

Look on the bright side. Slow paid is better than no paid, yet feel bad for those expecting $$$ 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MikeRapp said:

I don’t post “every negative thing.” If this is accurate, it should be posted. Totally unacceptable and probably not even legal.

But we don't KNOW that it is accurate so we should probably wait until we KNOW instead of trying to stir the pot. 

1 hour ago, Poppycock said:

Look on the bright side. Slow paid is better than no paid, yet feel bad for those expecting $$$ 

giphy.gif

Edited by 2000Cadet
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

nope. apparently lots of rumors in USBands land about judging shortages, and even a show in TX cancelled as of Thursday

Texas show cancelled due to the weather issues around Houston. Makes perfect sense

• Like 1

16 hours ago, 2000Cadet said:

But we don't KNOW that it is accurate so we should probably wait until we KNOW instead of trying to stir the pot. 

Very true. I would think that if it were true, someone would have already spilled the beans. At this point, who knows. 

9 minutes ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

Very true. I would think that if it were true, someone would have already spilled the beans. At this point, who knows. 

Yep I’d say it’s as creditable as reddit at this point...

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Yep I’d say it’s as creditable as reddit at this point...

I would not put it past folks to just make something up...especially when it comes to Cadets. It's a shame really. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

How would such a person be treated here for “spilling the beans”...

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

How would such a person be treated here for “spilling the beans”...

Interesting question. All posters should be treated with respect. If the content and sources are truthful then I take it simply as news. I don't feel the need to judge things on a message board as a general rule. We all have opinions. When something is posted simply to create drama or with the intent to harm when no facts are present, then the post should be removed. But that's only my opinion. /shrug

In this case, I simply don't know. But generally speaking, with something like this, facts or simply confirmation follows fairly quickly.

But to your point...generally the pitch forks come out rather quickly long before all facts are present.

Edited by Weaklefthand4ever

On 9/20/2019 at 10:37 AM, George Dixon said:

I get it (believe me, I do!)

We only have the "staff announcement" -- we want to see & hear it on the FIELD come June 2020

I hope we will. The announcements are positive... but really in the end what will we see & hear?

I find myself even more excited by the guard side of things - and I'm not really a guard guy - but those guards when April was in charge before kept stealing my attention and focus away from the rest of the corps. The were such great performers and so impactful and so clean - THAT I'm even more looking forwards to

Can April & team bring the corps' Guard back to the top? 

This 1996 guard (23 years ago) is a guard I couldn't take my eyes off that season:

June 2020 can't get here soon enough!

The guard in the closer is my favorite from Cadets. Starting when they appear from behind the walls, just perfect sync, and they look like they're having a blast, too.

• Like 1