Cadets 2020

16 minutes ago, LabMaster said:

Hmmm, can we guess who he is?  Do we look for the contrarian who is happy to offer insight and opinions on absolutely everything?  LOL

Put all those names in a wheel and give it a spin... lol

• Haha 1

On 9/24/2019 at 9:29 AM, Algernon said:

So clearly the financial issues are still prevalent. I would hope those staff members who were informed their payments would be "delayed" were able to convey that same sentiment to anyone they may owe money to.

Sounds to me like the same poor fiscal management that's been going on for years.

For many corps, poor fiscal management has been a reality, and Cadets have been in that category. However, to my knowledge no corps has been as scandal plagued as Cadets, and when trying to right the ship, has faced as many obstacles. This can make raising funds all the more difficult. I just googled The Cadets, Allentown and hit the news section, it is all GH. If you are a new donor, are you going to give? If you’re a business and your charitable contributions reflect your values, will you be sending a check? These are unique circumstances and they will not go away immediately. For some corps, an easy solution would be to take out a short term loan. I’m not sure that’s a possibility for Cadets.

I am not advocating Payless paydays or non payment of bills, but circumstances do make it different in recent years than problems in the past.

4 minutes ago, Tim K said:

For many corps, poor fiscal management has been a reality, and Cadets have been in that category. However, to my knowledge no corps has been as scandal plagued as Cadets, and when trying to right the ship, has faced as many obstacles. This can make raising funds all the more difficult. I just googled The Cadets, Allentown and hit the news section, it is all GH. If you are a new donor, are you going to give? If you’re a business and your charitable contributions reflect your values, will you be sending a check? These are unique circumstances and they will not go away immediately. For some corps, an easy solution would be to take out a short term loan. I’m not sure that’s a possibility for Cadets.

I am not advocating Payless paydays or non payment of bills, but circumstances do make it different in recent years than problems in the past.

At some point someone has to say “this corps doesn’t have the financial security to tour/exist” rather than “we can do it, we can survive, we might not be able to pay our bills and provide a top-notch/safe experience for our members but HAVE YOU SEEN 2000? The Cadets have such an amazing legacy 85 years!!!!” 

I’m not saying that it’s at THAT point - unlike others I have no ‘inside sources’ and ‘super secret info’ to lord over people like others on DCP - but that point does exist. I’m certainly not the only one wondering

Edited by FTNK

11 minutes ago, FTNK said:

At some point someone has to say “this corps doesn’t have the financial security to tour/exist” rather than “we can do it, we might not be able to pay our bills and provide a top-notch/safe experience for our members but HAVE YOU SEEN 2000? The Cadets have such an amazing legacy 85 years!!!!”

If there is anything on this site that is the most ridiculous reading, THIS is it. You think it's good to just give up? Is THIS the attitude by which you lead your life? How many people who have marched drum corps live by this attitude? At some point, instead of advocating the complete shutdown of a corps, maybe you should just stop following it and just stop contributing to this thread since you are the "give up" type. 

Edited by 2000Cadet
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

You think it's good to just give up?

I think it’s good for adults to weigh “not giving up” vs responsibilities they have to past and present employees and members, who are ~other peoples’ children~

Edited by FTNK
  • Like 2