Cadets 2020

This worked it's way into the other Cadets thread but I thought I would re post it here.

People are acting like it's something new in the activity. Maybe lets talk about corps ( some ) who NEVER paid people who should have been. Corps that made promises only to make some lame excuses why it never happened, Some of the same corps who ( because of some fortune only in the past several years NOW think they are the play book for how to do things when only a few years ago were doing the same thing.

Is it right? Of course not. Should Cadets pony up to their commitment? YES but lets not jump on the Cadets as if many of peoples favorites have been guilty of the exact same thing.

When you have been around long enough IN the activity, actively participating, there are plenty of stories to go around .  Just sayin

CORPS DO NEED TO COMMITT TO THEIR OWN PROMISES AND PAY UP

Remember Magic? Ask those who came after bad management who did get them back to success but made promises that were never kept. Many believe had no intentions to keep promises to staff then left their mess to others to clean it up which was almost impossible.

Wrong? yes Happen often? YES.....getting better? I think so

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

CORPS DO NEED TO COMMITT TO THEIR OWN PROMISES AND PAY UP

Which is what the YEA email stated from the YEA admin to the staff members. They did NOT try and blow off the staff....they acknowledged that they owe them $$$.

Is it a good thing to have those cash flow issues? No, but the new YEA team was upfront with their staff members. IMO this should be seen as a positive for the team, not a negstive to roast them over the coals.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MikeD said:

Which is what the YEA email stated from the YEA admin to the staff members. They did NOT try and blow off the staff....they acknowledged that they owe them $$$.

Is it a good thing to have those cash flow issues? No, but the new YEA team was upfront with their staff members. IMO this should be seen as a positive for the team, not a negstive to roast them over the coals.

Addressing the issue is great. I can say from years of seeing this, it is way more than some have done in the past. Some now of course who preach, who have done the same, but now have had some good fortune.

Edited by GUARDLING
  • Like 1

Ok now.. Has everyone gotten the "Let's find something else to trash the Cadets with this week "out of their system??? Are we going to have to live through next week ragging and whining about how the brass people had to bring their own toilet paper to ST so they can clean up the crap posted here??? First, it's not any of our X?X?ing business. We have no idea what they are going through nor do we need to know. They need to be working on a show that will bring the house down in 2020. If people need to read about others problems and heartache I wish they would disappear from here until June.:lol:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, MikeD said:

Well said sir! And some who are void of the facts are roasting the Cadets over the coals. The current management team at the Cadets are being criticized for issues that they did not create. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Continental said:

Really like the guard staff being assembled.  My only wish is that the guard has equipment in their hands for all of the show and not a prop they are pushing around the field.

I doubt April is going to have them push props and stand still to spin like many are doing these days - I just can’t even imagine it. 

Edited by George Dixon
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, George Dixon said:

I doubt April is going to have them push props and stand still to spin like many are doing these days - I just can’t even imagine it. 

Shes a coordinator,   IF it's part of her job,she will also evolve as necessary to be competitive, besides Cadets in the 90s also had some huge props that moved around. If decisions will be hers then you can bet she will do whats necessary

Edited by GUARDLING
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

Shes a coordinator,   IF it's part of her job,she will also evolve as necessary to be competitive, besides Cadets in the 90s also had some huge props that moved around. If decisions will be hers then you can bet she will do whats necessary

What DOES a coordinator do? I don't know much about it.