Cadets 2020

1 hour ago, seen-it-all said:

I can. It's amateur hour nonsense that rewards incompetent management.

I'm curious to know if other band circuits operate the same way when it comes to their administrative staff, judges, etc. "Come work for us. You'll be paid. Eventually." (wink wink)

It's well past time for this method of operations to evolve into a more professional and business-like manner. If that's more than some of these organizations can handle, then maybe they shouldn't be in the business of running these shows.

Man I’m sure they want your expertise- please start running a corps immediately! 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, HockeyDad said:

Still waiting. I’ll just conclude there are no others, as there is zero reason to not actually provide a name or names of other active corps who aren’t paying their staff, or, delaying payment 

There are two in the top 12 other than Cadets and one of those is top six

and no I’m not naming names as frankly it’s not my thing 

On 9/27/2019 at 7:13 PM, DFA1970 said:

I’m a lawyer so there is a big big difference, we’re talking apples and oranges about how non profits and professional organizations work. Example....let’s say for argument sake that Tampa Buccaneers are not profitable. The owner will put them up for sale. It will he sold. Cadets can’t pay their bills are have no money. They are non profit. Unless there is a flow of cash that can save them they go under and fold.  So let’s stop this issue of caps for non profits. You just cannot cap how much a non profits raise. DiCI corps are all non profit. end Of Story. 

There are corps in some states that can raise money pretty much however they want which puts them at an advantage over the rest . The others have to work around laws that restrict the ways they raise money. Is it fair?? NO. Is there a solution yes. Don't be so arrogant to think you have the answers and what you say is the only way because you don't. Being a lawyer you should be well aware that several corps have had a huge advantage in fund raising for decades . Some type of restriction has to happen to level the playing field for all. These corps have no problem flaunting their wealth and other people are tired of always running uphill while others have  smooth sailing due to tax and fundraising laws.. If you say then they should move to a state which allows liberal fundraising then someone should take your license away . It;'s not just how you manage the money. It's the way you  are allowed to attempt to raise the money and it is not fair for most.

Edited by jonwoody
  • Confused 1

20 hours ago, MikeD said:

A coordinator is the person who coordinates things.....

You are very welcome!     :dancin:

giphy-downsized-large.gif

6 hours ago, MikeD said:

IMO you have this exactly backwards. This is new management attempting to straighten out years of miss-management.  I'm sure they would rather be floating along with wonderful cash flow so they can pay the folks in a timely manner, as identified in their adjudicator materials. Look back in history of the many corps that failed over time that never were financially sound, that ran seat-of-the-pants operations. IF this approach YEA is taking is true (as all we know is what a person posted), it seems to me that their admin team is working to get their fiscal house in order. 

As to your "wink, wink" statement....if they renege on their payments later, how many people would EVER come back next year as staff or adjudicators?

IMO they are working towards creating a professional business-like operation. It doesn't happen overnight. NOT running shows as they work through this is the WORST idea I have seen posted, as it would eliminate a large revenue stream just when they need it most, and it would be the end of USBands, for sure, which IMO is a terrible idea.

Admin hat on: If anyone has an email from YEA to the staff and adjudicators, do not post it here. It is against DCP Guidelines to post emails from anybody other than yourself.

Well, this is cancel culture and no matter what, The Cadets should fold. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, jonwoody said:

There are corps in some states that can raise money pretty much however they want which puts them at an advantage over the rest . The others have to work around laws that restrict the ways they raise money. Is it fair?? NO. Is there a solution yes. Don't be so arrogant to think you have the answers and what you say is the only way because you don't. Being a lawyer you should be well aware that several corps have had a huge advantage in fund raising for decades . Some type of restriction has to happen to level the playing field for all. These corps have no problem flaunting their wealth and other people are tired of always running uphill while others have  smooth sailing due to tax and fundraising laws.. If you say then they should move to a state which allows liberal fundraising then someone should take your license away . It;'s not just how you manage the money. It's the way you  are allowed to attempt to raise the money and it is not fair for most.

I’m not arrogant just stating facts. If you find that arrogant then that’s you. And thanks for saying laws vary from state to state regarding nonprofits. 

Edited by DFA1970

On 9/28/2019 at 4:56 PM, jonwoody said:

Then relocate or lobby for changes to the laws. There are pros and cons to every location.

On 9/28/2019 at 8:40 AM, Ghost said:

That's the way big guy.  We knew you had it in yeah.

i have my moments when i want to...or remember to...or...something like that

On 9/28/2019 at 10:11 AM, HockeyDad said:

Still waiting. I’ll just conclude there are no others, as there is zero reason to not actually provide a name or names of other active corps who aren’t paying their staff, or, delaying payment 

you can do whatever you want. even when given proof it doesn't shut you up