Cadets 2020

3 hours ago, dans said:

I find it extremely interesting that a poster in this thread found my statement to be funny. 

Well  I was one of them...funny ( but not really ) it was that the logic of your statement...and it was ...actually has nothing to do with what often gets posted here, or any social media. It's way more common for some to take their moral high ground, take out their pitchforks and torches and forget about what's known or not.

So at least for me it wasn't an insult, rather funny thinking this logic would reach some.,

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

Well  I was one of them...funny ( but not really ) it was that the logic of your statement...and it was ...actually has nothing to do with what often gets posted here, or any social media. It's way more common for some to take their moral high ground, take out their pitchforks and torches and forget about what's known or not.

So at least for me it wasn't an insult, rather funny thinking this logic would reach some.,

Thank you for the kind response. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Fran Haring said:

Cadets' 2023 show: "All Aboard Amtrak"  :tongue:

all props over 6 feet high must have handrails

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GUARDLING said:

there's no room for logic on DCP!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Fran Haring said:

Cadets' 2023 show: "All Aboard Amtrak"  :tongue:

Code name:  ACELA

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Ghost said:

Having been there years ago visiting relatives the “gap” at some stations is a few inches and others is “omg don’t fall thru”. 

Make your own non-standard judging comments here lol....

fyi for those who don’t know: the gap is distance between train platform and subway/tube car itself. Used to have the “ I’m going underground” short with the map of the routes

3 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Having been there years ago visiting relatives the “gap” at some stations is a few inches and others is “omg don’t fall thru”. 

Make your own non-standard judging comments here lol....

fyi for those who don’t know: the gap is distance between train platform and subway/tube car itself. Used to have the “ I’m going underground” short with the map of the routes

Had a "gap" problem on a project I was working on in N.J.

It was for a residential development project that included a new train station along an existing passenger line.

Great idea to get commuters to live there (Transit Village).

The problem ?

The section of track where they wanted to put the station was curved.

The proposed station,the railroad's standard "box",was straight.

That left a "gap" of several feet.

Instead of leaving the station in the center of the development and using a

curved station design,they moved the station several hundred feet to a straight

section of track.

Not very convenient,but cheaper.

• Like 1