Cadets 2020

10 minutes ago, garfield said:

Could be they're going to announce that they paid all their staff and suppliers for last year.

One can hope, right?

I think they'll be too busy trying to pay off renting AT&T Stadium in Dallas for a band show today (a Monday and national holiday??) with only 16 bands in attendance. Probably not the wisest move for an organization trying to get back on track financially IMO.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

On 11/10/2019 at 11:07 AM, Continental said:

I'm really sick of this "I've got a secret" crap on here.

This corps has been through hell lately.  Enough with the innuendos. 

My apologies, I didn't have much to go on at the time other than "keep an ear out." 

Since then, my source divulged that this info does NOT have as much of an impact on the 2020 edition of The Cadets directly, but certainly has potentially big ramifications both long and short term for various YEA programs.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, seen-it-all said:

I think they'll be too busy trying to pay off renting AT&T Stadium in Dallas for a band show today (a Monday and national holiday??) with only 16 bands in attendance. Probably not the wisest move for an organization trying to get back on track financially IMO.

Ouch! Their band program floats the Cadets, if it suffers, The Cadets have to charge roughly double or scale the program way back. 

11 hours ago, seen-it-all said:

Cowboys kinda used it last night, so it was available

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, seen-it-all said:

Yeah (not YEA) is that a day that contest is usually held? Sorry we can’t be in the local Veterans Day parade as prepping for a band contest ouch....

19 hours ago, cybersnyder said:

Ouch! Their band program floats the Cadets, if it suffers, The Cadets have to charge roughly double or scale the program way back. 

on the flip side to the smaller-than-desired Veterans Day event - a large number of US Bands contest were "full" this season

that said - the damage inflicted by GH mater was only heightened by the thin ice YEA was treading on under his leadership 

none of should be surprised thus will take several seasons to rectify 

Edited by George Dixon
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, George Dixon said:

on the flip side to the smaller-than-desired Veterans Day event - a large number of US Bands contest were "full" this season

that said - the damage inflicted by GH mater was only heightened by the thin ice YEA was treading on under his leadership 

none of should be surprised thus will take several seasons to rectify 

Or, perhaps it would take only one.

Sell USBands and refocus on the functional center of the YEA! universe.  If what you say is true, and no doubt it is, it's reasonable to presume that all of YEA!'s programs suffer from bloat and self-importance without concomitant revenue or operational efficiency.  I wouldn't be surprised if the BoD decides it's time to streamline to save the biggest component of the org.

• Thanks 1