Cadets 2020

13 minutes ago, garfield said:

Or, perhaps it would take only one.

Sell USBands and refocus on the functional center of the YEA! universe.  If what you say is true, and no doubt it is, it's reasonable to presume that all of YEA!'s programs suffer from bloat and self-importance without concomitant revenue or operational efficiency.  I wouldn't be surprised if the BoD decides it's time to streamline to save the biggest component of the org.

But from their 990 filings, the biggest component *is* USBands. It would be wiser to spin off The Cadets that operates deep in the red. 

6 minutes ago, garfield said:

Sell USBands and refocus on the functional center of the YEA! universe.  If what you say is true, and no doubt it is, it's reasonable to presume that all of YEA!'s programs suffer from bloat and self-importance without concomitant revenue or operational efficiency.  I wouldn't be surprised if the BoD decides it's time to streamline to save the biggest component of the org.

This

On 11/9/2019 at 5:30 PM, MotoSurfBass said:

Heard through the grapevine that big news is coming this week... for better or for worse.

Do you see what you've started????

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, garfield said:

why would they sell their only revenue source?

1 hour ago, 2000Cadet said:

Do you see what you've started????

giphy.gif

I'm telling as much as I can that is confirmed and without divulging sources, lol. I know it's not much, but I have a lot of CYA here in case anything changes at the last minute.

If that makes me an agent of chaos, then I fully embrace the role this time.

14 minutes ago, MotoSurfBass said:

I'm telling as much as I can that is confirmed and without divulging sources, lol. I know it's not much, but I have a lot of CYA here in case anything changes at the last minute.

If that makes me an agent of chaos, then I fully embrace the role this time.

giphy.gif

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Yeah (not YEA) is that a day that contest is usually held? Sorry we can’t be in the local Veterans Day parade as prepping for a band contest ouch....

I doubt that would be much of a consideration. The students have school most likely. How many local parades are there anymore? Probably a local ceremony, but my guess is very few parades of any size.

19 minutes ago, MikeD said:

I doubt that would be much of a consideration. The students have school most likely. How many local parades are there anymore? Probably a local ceremony, but my guess is very few parades of any size.

I’d say it depends on the area Mike so that’s why I asked. I remember my college town having Veterans Day parade and having class conflicts (edit still have it 42 years later, bravo Indiana PA). Noticed my old school district has in service day 11/11 so teachers only.

So if schools are in session how the heck do they have a big band show on school day/night.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

35 minutes ago, MikeD said:

Outside NY-NJ area there are a number. Try some of the parade sites. NYC parade was the 100th anniversary edition of that one and had 2 dozen bands plus. Because New England and metro NY-NJ does things one way, doesn't mean the rest of the nation is as sour or aloof. Quite a few towns on L.I., R.I, and CT had parades on the weekend days not just Monday. Several bands in my area did whirlwind of both local parades and "championships" for those marching band circuits. Enjoy this.

https://hoiabc.com/news/bloomington-normal-news/2019/11/11/bloomington-high-school-marching-band-marches-in-nyc-veterans-day-parade/

Edited by xandandl