Cadets 2020

1 hour ago, FTNK said:

So is there anything official? There was supposed to be something this week

only according to MotoSurfBrass who is far from official.

Big news was DCI not doing Alamodome this summer, and that's official from DCI.

15 hours ago, FTNK said:

So is there anything official? There was supposed to be something this week

Nothing has been announced yet, but I have not heard that anything fell through, either. They may just be waiting for a time to announce it, but today (the 15th) was the day it was supposedly going into effect.

9 hours ago, MotoSurfBass said:

Nothing has been announced yet, but I have not heard that anything fell through, either. They may just be waiting for a time to announce it, but today (the 15th) was the day it was supposedly going into effect.

or then again, it might have been the announcement of Caption Heads manning recruitment booth at BOAs in Indy as of then.

I'm tending to agree with what Continental posted Sunday in response to your original gossip titter:

"I'm really sick of this "I've got a secret" crap on here.

This corps has been through hell lately.  Enough with the innuendos." 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, xandandl said:

or then again, it might have been the announcement of Caption Heads manning recruitment booth at BOAs in Indy as of then.

I'm tending to agree with what Continental posted Sunday in response to your original gossip titter:

"I'm really sick of this "I've got a secret" crap on here.

This corps has been through hell lately.  Enough with the innuendos." 

While I'm absolutely and firmly on board with this sentiment, I also have become aware of some financial details from this past season that were not "wrapped up".  Not huge numbers worth the threat, but significant to the recipients certainly.

Rumor and innuendo without any fuel dies out quickly.  Cadets need to focus on clearing away the fuel of rumor and innuendo ("A friend of mine didn't get paid..."), too, because it's part of that old hell. 

They deserve grace but they have to fix the business.  Maybe that's part of the USB rumor-mill, too.

• Like 3

On 11/16/2019 at 6:20 PM, garfield said:

They deserve grace but they have to fix the business.  Maybe that's part of the USB rumor-mill, too.

I do agree. A couple folks have seemed to escape any public criticism too

part of the short term issue is probably due to the terrible competitive result and unpopular show - less donations, fewer merchandise purchases etc - already driving a tight cash flow position the wrong directions

i wonder as an outsider if they made revenue assumptions that they didn’t achieve? They must forecast as conservatively as possible until things loosen up 

Edited by George Dixon

On 11/16/2019 at 6:20 PM, garfield said:

giphy.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Only because the thread's falling down the list of threads, can anyone in the know corroborate that, in 2018, US Bands, Southeastern Championship had 32 bands, and in 2019 they had 8 bands?

So, I wonder if the even recent revenue-generation from USBands into YEA! was severely jolted by the Hop-gate and hasn't recovered.  Maybe the writing is on the wall that USBands is NoT YEA!'s biggest revenue generator.

What I'm as much interested in is this notion that Cadets' recruitment was impacted by YEA!'s hosting of the circuit.

Edited by garfield

11 hours ago, garfield said:

Only because the thread's falling down the list of threads, can anyone in the know corroborate that, in 2018, US Bands, Southeastern Championship had 32 bands, and in 2019 they had 8 bands?

So, I wonder if the even recent revenue-generation from USBands into YEA! was severely jolted by the Hop-gate and hasn't recovered.  Maybe the writing is on the wall that USBands is NoT YEA!'s biggest revenue generator.

What I'm as much interested in is this notion that Cadets' recruitment was impacted by YEA!'s hosting of the circuit.

Everything I’ve heard is YES the band program has been impacted - they may slim it down in areas where it is no longer profitable and grow it back over the upcoming years. JMO - if that’s the case. Program appears to still be pretty large in the NJ tri state area 

re this mysterious “announcement” (complete conjecture on my part) >> I would guess it to be a new name/branding for YEA! and USB (one of which sounds very 80s up with people, and the other of which sounds like a computer peripheral) - I’m only guessing that because it makes sense 

Cadets schedule released. No shows scheduled between 6/30 in Philly and 7/9 in Knoxville Tn.

Edited by fsthnds