Cadets 2020

15 hours ago, George Dixon said:

Well I live here and there’s a whole lot of sour leftover. This is the problem with having band directors involved in the leadership of the circuit. I can see they deserved to win - but talk to less impartial others and I’m not sure the MBA or whatever they call it has a particularly bright future 

Back in "ancient times" when I marched in HS (a nationally ranked band at the time) it was all TOB down here. I remember those championships in Carlisle, Hagerstown etc very fondly. Same with the big championships at Allentown. I worry about the "politics" involved in these local circuits that are popping up. Even the appearance of a conflict of interest can wreak havoc. I'm thinking a few of these bands jump back to US Bands or to WGI. Some did both/all 3 this year to get enough contests. 

We'll see how it plays out. There's really a shot someone could really take a nip out of BOA IMHO if it's run well

As you pointed out in another thread - no percussion or guard score is quite frustrating to say the least. Give caption awards! These bands with these top guards (Avon this season for example) walking away with no special recognition for that. Crazy. And such an expensive circuit.

every circuit has pros and cons. While I am true blue TOB, ask some admins when i get on a rant with things I see that need fixed. i'm surprised at times i haven't been booted out. Our directors help set the rules and bylaws, and it happens that way in cavalcade and other places.

and obviously, reading here, DCI and DCA ain't perfect either. Mike's a good guy, and with good intentions. More concerning to me is why the hoopla going on the USBands advisory board, then a year later starting a circuit that competes with USBands?

10 hours ago, George Dixon said:

So we will have a whole week of solid rain. Gotcha! 

in reality the t will allow three and four block rehearsal days and be key to the Cadets leaping ahead of a couple corps this summer

Additionally you’re saving major gas and vehicle rentals

but go ahead and be negative 

personally I’m glad they are being smarter 

$60 k in props didn’t do it- so for Pete’s sake let’s try informed design and improved instruction 

you also need to review Denise bio from the sounds of it - and several others including the new brass guy 

schedules also can change. Remember 2 years ago, cadets were supposed to start in Cali and boom, started the year in Detroit. it's November. they haven't even had a camp yet. chill the #### out both of you

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

Talk about depreciation...that’s worse than when you drive a new car off the lot. 

Or a mobile home for those of us who had a use for cheap housing at one time....

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

every circuit has pros and cons. While I am true blue TOB, ask some admins when i get on a rant with things I see that need fixed. i'm surprised at times i haven't been booted out. Our directors help set the rules and bylaws, and it happens that way in cavalcade and other places.

You??? Speaking your mind???

I'm stunned here.  :lol:

• Haha 2

50 minutes ago, xandandl said:

Psst. Check the corps web page. Isn't Dartmouth in MA, no PA? (Excellence in ALL things wins championships.)

Thank you for pointing that out.  Maybe you can track it and report back regarding how long it takes to get that fixed?

2 minutes ago, lifeisaround said:

Sooooo YEA! JUST let go of 5 full time paid staff....

Thanks for your drive-by reporting.  That was very enlightening and detailed.

Now, how about a link or some additional information???

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1