Cadets 2020

1 hour ago, Ghost said:

Seems to be a lot of factual truth also being posted GD.

absolutely - however, a lot of it isn't exactly as it seems. "More to the story" as far as some of this departures

with the big upheaval April/May 2018 not all the changes were going to work - there were a couple folks clearly over their heads

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ghost said:

All these changes being made whether for staff, tour schedules, etc. leads one to believe they are really in the red.

No, not necessarily.  It means they are making hard decisions to possibly stop bleeding  << and/or >> head off troubles they see coming.

Many of those decisions, I'm sure, are STILL plugging holes and catching up from years of running on a blade's edge.

It's not the precipice, but that's not to say it's going to be easy, or the same Cadets as in the past.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jeff Ream said:

because well after years of being told by the former owner to chill out and stop engaging in pissing matches in this very thread, I saw one happening and tried to get it calmed down.

funny how that works

wasn't a pissing match - I replied and then you got involved. Funny how that seems to happen

Edited by George Dixon
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, garfield said:

No, not necessarily.  It means they are making hard decisions to possibly stop bleeding  << and/or >> head off troubles they see coming.

Many of those decisions, I'm sure, are STILL plugging holes and catching up from years of running on a blade's edge.

It's not the precipice, but that's not to say it's going to be easy, or the same Cadets as in the past.

Thank you sir...you are the voice of reason!

6 minutes ago, garfield said:

yeah i am thinking there's sound and practical, if unpopulr business decisions being made here

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

yeah i am thinking there's sound and practical, if unpopulr business decisions being made here

agree - not always easy or popular - the toughest decision was certainly shelving C2 - but this is tough as well

13 minutes ago, garfield said:

yup decades of treating donors and volunteers like crap - plus spending like BD which has multi million dollar bingos - it caught up

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

44 minutes ago, FTNK said:

Maybe they should go Open Class

Geesh, I'd be more than a little stunned if they chose to do this.  I'm Schultz, but I've just not gotten the impression that this is a realistic option for them at this time.

Ask any fan with their noses not in the clouds of recent winners, and we'll all answer that drum corps life is pretty sweet down ranks outside Saturday night performers.  There are a LOT of spaces to land before considering OC.

Lots of shows are run on half a fraction of the budget and extravagance of the top three or five.  you know, "The Draw".

Edited by garfield