Cadets 2020

1 hour ago, George Dixon said:

yup decades of treating donors and volunteers like crap - plus spending like BD which has multi million dollar bingos - it caught up

Priorities! first and foremost is the corps. Better to exist than not. Hopefully remain a finalist while they get their finances in order. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, garfield said:

I think this is likely the pre-trickle of several pieces of news to come.  If I were them (I'm not, of course) I'd get it ALL out there now that the flow has started.

Absolutely.

The Johnson & Johnson PR model.

Get all the "bad news" out there as soon as possible, with full ownership/responsibility.  Like J&J did with the Tylenol situation in the 1980s. Corporate PR at its best.

Edited by Fran Haring
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Ghost said:

All these changes being made whether for staff, tour schedules, etc. leads one to believe they are really in the red.

These announcements about a smaller tour and front office reductions just kind of confirms what I heard about them being 750K to 1 mil down on 2019 revenue from US Bands. 

15 minutes ago, fsthnds said:

These announcements about a smaller tour and front office reductions just kind of confirms what I heard about them being 750K to 1 mil down on 2019 revenue from US Bands. 

no holiday campaign underway.  no more income from bands -- season is over.  i'd say the red is crimson.

• Sad 1

Well now.

Edited by N.E. Brigand

8 hours ago, lifeisaround said:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"To best fulfill our mission, Youth Education in the Arts! is refining its operating model to allow its programs to best serve their respective participants. Our goal continues to be improving the quality of services offered by all programs, and to deliver on the commitment to excellence. We believe we are putting USBands, The Cadets, and Xcape on a more viable and stronger path forward.

As we make this change, we will reduce costs and streamline operations by eliminating several positions including that of the executive director and director of community relations. This change means Vicki Ferrrence Ray and Scott Litzenberg will no longer be working for Youth Education and the Arts! in official capacities. We cannot thank them enough for their contributions to the organization over the past 18 months, as they were key members of the new team. In addition, we would like to thank Larry Harris for his work over the past 15 years, and Carissa Bryant. The teams currently running our programs will remain in place to ensure continuity.

We have made tremendous progress over the past year and we are incredibly grateful for the unwavering support of our alumni, members, donors, bands, sponsors and everyone else in the marching band and drum corps community that continues to support us."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The non-profit performing arts company where I work went through something like this in early 2009, as the Great Recession peaked. We cut the heads of the marketing and finance departments and two other significant positions. A tough choice that had to be made, but not easy to go through.

Edited by N.E. Brigand
  • Sad 1