Cadets 2020

43 minutes ago, fsthnds said:

How will this play out with potential members? Will they want to audition for an organization who may seem to be on "thin" ice financially?

No and, in fact, I'd suggest they keep the messaging clear that they've made these decisions in order to assure that their primary organization, The Cadets, does NOT skate on financial thin ice.

These changes, I'm convinced, were made to focus on the primary organization, to the disagreement of some here that especially financially The Cadets are more important than USBands.  That message needs to be primary to the kids coming to auditions.  Refocusing on the direction of the corps and the path to winning again.

Anything less in the messaging risks being a disincentive to potential members.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

7 minutes ago, cybersnyder said:

Their 990 should come out in March or so of 2020. If USBands income has dropped as much as rumored, it won’t be pretty. 

The full 2018 990 will come out in March of 2020.  The 2018 990 that's now available on Guidestar is for only the first three months of 2018 and was actually an amendment to the 2017 form.

I wouldn't expect the 2019 990 - the one that might show the impact on USBands this year - until the spring of 2021.  This would be normal procedure.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Algernon said:

And the alumni who got together to create the upheaval in Cadet-World remain silent, sitting on their wallets and dreaming of Elk's Parade. You broke it, you own it!

How do you know they've been silent?  Maybe you're not listening, or listening to the wrong things.

I know nothing of your loyalties but my personal experience is not that they are remaining silent.  Far from it.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, garfield said:

The full 2018 990 will come out in March of 2020.  The 2018 990 that's now available on Guidestar is for only the first three months of 2018 and was actually an amendment to the 2017 form.

I wouldn't expect the 2019 990 - the one that might show the impact on USBands this year - until the spring of 2021.  This would be normal procedure.

Right, the 2021-released 990 will be telling. I was thinking the Hopkins stuff started in 2017. May not need to wait that long though. One side effect of releasing staff is that someone tends to talk.

43 minutes ago, garfield said:

No and, in fact, I'd suggest they keep the messaging clear that they've made these decisions in order to assure that their primary organization, The Cadets, does NOT skate on financial thin ice.

These changes, I'm convinced, were made to focus on the primary organization, to the disagreement of some here that especially financially The Cadets are more important than USBands.  That message needs to be primary to the kids coming to auditions.  Refocusing on the direction of the corps and the path to winning again.

Agree 110%

2 hours ago, garfield said:

But hasn’t the Cadets portion of the organization been in the red historically while USBands has turned a nice profit? For YEA it would make more sense to drop the Cadets and focus on band competitions and festivals. 

4 hours ago, Algernon said:

And the alumni who got together to create the upheaval in Cadet-World remain silent, sitting on their wallets and dreaming of Elk's Parade. You broke it, you own it!

And how much are u donating and volunteering? 

3 hours ago, fsthnds said:

How will this play out with potential members? Will they want to audition for an organization who may seem to be on "thin" ice financially?

Other than 4 or 5 every drum corps is on thin ice. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Algernon said:

Can always rely on you to offer trash and garbage to spew when actually you know nothing. Now go stand in the corner Hop.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, cybersnyder said:

But hasn’t the Cadets portion of the organization been in the red historically while USBands has turned a nice profit? For YEA it would make more sense to drop the Cadets and focus on band competitions and festivals. 

The whole purpose organizationally  for USB is to support financially and recruit for the cadets. 

It would be like SCV shutting down their corps and maintaining bingo ops because that darn corps is a money loser 

Edited by George Dixon