Cadets 2020

2 hours ago, GUARDLING said:

Lately?...lmao

Only this thread?   🙄

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, garfield said:

Very pragmatic.  I appreciate the approach.  I'm more optimistic but I admit it's going to be a long haul.  And I firmly believe your words:  Their success is both their best defense against past ghosts and their best weapon to attract new talent.

We can hope.

So, serious question: Are there any rumblings about their rep for this year?

The only thing I heard at camp was they will have over 3 minutes of music after the next camp in 3 weeks. They did learn a classic Phillip Bliss song though. Sounded really good...not part of the show though. The new brass staff is very impressive and the new brass caption head is the real deal. Clear to see why the Bluecoats were so good under his direction. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 6

1 hour ago, dans said:

The only thing I heard at camp was they will have over 3 minutes of music after the next camp in 3 weeks. They did learn a classic Phillip Bliss song though. Sounded really good...not part of the show though. The new brass staff is very impressive and the new brass caption head is the real deal. Clear to see why the Bluecoats were so good under his direction. 

THANK YOU for providing some insight. Sorry I had to drag you out of hiding lol...

13 hours ago, xandandl said:

Is the rumored split of The Cadets from YEA, Allentown, and USBands a divorce or an annulment?

It definitely seems an undoing of anything associated with GH and perhaps good moves to save the corps.  Will they be THE Garfield Cadets of NJ again?

are they allowed back in NJ?

12 hours ago, HockeyDad said:

Interesting take. Or, one could take the position that by talking about it we can guard against repeating history. His influence is gone. It left with him and his board that got flushed. His influence is not only merely dead, but really most sincerely dead. 

oh no. his imprint on the activity is very visible in a myriad of ways...some of them good.

12 hours ago, xandandl said:

and yet his shadow remains and some are unable to walk out beyond it into the sun.

Picking at a scab never lets the wound to heal, physically and/or emotionally. Check with any medical doctor or mental health professional (psychologist, psychiatrist, etc.) for the veracity of what I say. Your point is good when one is distanced from the hurt and can analyze it objectively. We are not there yet. Recurring vomiting back his influence is wounding some, and granted there are some who like to live in the constant pain and some (outside the corps) who like to keep inflicting it, perhaps from competitive jealousies of their own pains unhealed.

sadly for many, closure won't ever happen without a guilty verdict in a court of law

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, garfield said:

Very pragmatic.  I appreciate the approach.  I'm more optimistic but I admit it's going to be a long haul.  And I firmly believe your words:  Their success is both their best defense against past ghosts and their best weapon to attract new talent.

We can hope.

So, serious question: Are there any rumblings about their rep for this year?

about of 11 minutes of music that will be overanalyzed

• Like 1

12 hours ago, dans said:

This. Tom A also mentioned starting fast out of the gate at around 192 for the opener. That Bliss piece had some power to it...even with everyone's personal horns I thought it sounded great.

21 minutes ago, kkpjm16 said:

This. Tom A also mentioned starting fast out of the gate at around 192 for the opener. That Bliss piece had some power to it...even with everyone's personal horns I thought it sounded great.

I did hear that they are going to do some up tempo stuff in the show. And you are correct...the Bliss piece sounded good. Excited to watch this brass line progress under the new staff.

• Like 1