Cadets 2020

4 hours ago, George Dixon said:

Yes. They have about 15 spots avail and the techs and team have tons of WGI ties so they will hand recruit a bunch 

cadets marching 36 and 4 alternates 

it’s not a huge line to fill out 

brass and percussion are in fine shape

i find it fascinating how these clear Hop fans are becoming so vocal - pretty clear that 2020 is a threat to “everything sucks now” message they continue to religiously pontificate 

Personally, I would rather Cadets were fielding 40-44 guard. 36 seems light. 

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, MikeD said:

They have even titled their final camp the April Camp and Guard Final Audition in honor of Ms Gilligan. It is being held next April 24th....hmmmm.....uhhhhh...eerrrrr.....never mind!

:dancin:

SMART branding lol

The folks on this thread currently degrading the Cadets 2020 / YEA etc are an interesting bunch

Ask yourself - what is driving this? Are they aligned with Hopkins? Or is it other agenda/forces at work here?

One thing is certain - it certainly isn't the "best interest of the current members" they have in mind

I'm appalled.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Personally, I would rather Cadets were fielding 40-44 guard. 36 seems light. 

36 is light and given the experience of this team (Denise for example) I have a feeling the number was heavily considered and made sense given their perception of the potential membership and the planned program. Just my perception based on their announcements

17 hours ago, xandandl said:

from neutral observers present, I heard only good reports about the class act and teaching the brass and percussion experienced at the Salem camp. I presume Texas was similar?

I've heard the brass experience and the SOUND they produced at the standstill was very solid 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

SMART branding lol

The folks on this thread currently degrading the Cadets 2020 / YEA etc are an interesting bunch

Ask yourself - what is driving this? Are they aligned with Hopkins? Or is it other agenda/forces at work here?

One thing is certain - it certainly isn't the "best interest of the current members" they have in mind

I'm appalled.

Might a 2016 circuit championship have any influence?

32 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

SMART branding lol

I'm appalled.

You bring up an interesting point. As hard as it is for most corps to survive these days, you would think drum corps fans in general would be pulling for the Cadets to rebound. It is a strange situation.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

36 is light and given the experience of this team (Denise for example) I have a feeling the number was heavily considered and made sense given their perception of the potential membership and the planned program. Just my perception based on their announcements

yeah i can't imagine this wasn't well thought out. size can actually be harder to clean.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, KeithHall said:

"It ain't over until we say it's over!!!!!"

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?!!!!!!

• Haha 7