Cadets 2020

7 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

i have heard from several places the corps itself and YEA are looking to part ways

Yeah but that's not likely to happen.  I'm sure the drum corps would love to jump ship (with the name, equipment and staff) but considering the Cadets are YEA's primary function...

9 hours ago, Ghost said:

Picking Wisconsin was just a quick thought by me, but. U. of Wisconsin had surgery not that many years ago.

Congratulations to you. I don't pay as much attention to stadiums as you. Now get off my back. 

9 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

i have heard from several places the corps itself and YEA are looking to part ways

I am SO TIRED of people posting rumors. Give it a rest.

If something comes to pass the organization (which has been through plenty) will announce it

• Like 6

10 hours ago, lifeisaround said:

The cadets did get brand new equipment the last 2 summers....

but i also heard that they might not make it this summer....

No they didn't. 

15 hours ago, George Dixon said:

they already took delivery on an entire new Yamaha brass line - do you think Y would have delivered that with a six figure debt owed? The corps didn’t even buy new brass the past two years 

Call YEA and ask how they paid for the new horns. (Hint: They didn't. Somebody else bought them and is loaning them to the corps for the year.)

It's bad. Probably the worst it's ever been. The difference is that current management is unwilling to do the not-so-ethical things that previous management didn't think twice about.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, George Dixon said:

Oh shocking another dire post by Exitmusic 

cadets will be fine 

I am never wrong. Check my post history. Cadets are far from "fine." The best thing anyone can do today is to donate. Even $20 makes a difference.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, George Dixon said:

I am SO TIRED of people posting rumors. Give it a rest.

If something comes to pass the organization (which has been through plenty) will announce it

The organization is trying to spin off the cadets and the band organization. This is not a secret. They are not trying to hide it. It's all anyone could talk about at UIL and midwest.

• Haha 1