Cadets 2020

3 hours ago, George Dixon said:

No they didn't. 

If you were there December 2018, you would know. I was at camp and I don’t remember meeting you, Mr. Dixon ...

Also, the cadets continued to get horns as the office sold them they bought new ones ....

but you must know so much !!!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lifeisaround said:

If you were there December 2018, you would know. I was at camp and I don’t remember meeting you, Mr. Dixon ...

Also, the cadets continued to get horns as the office sold them they bought new ones ....

but you must know so much !!!

Can anyone on DCP verify they have met him in person? I’ve introduced myself to several people from DCP in Indy last season, but never met Georgey. 

52 minutes ago, exitmusic said:

Please provide a copy of the (very confidential) settlement document that proves this.

You can't and won't.

Every dollar that goes in goes to providing a great program for the kids.

so wheres legal fees funding come from?

• Like 1

Just now, Jeff Ream said:

Their upcoming 990 should be interesting, but it won't be out for a few months. You can see where previous legal fees come from, looks like everything is revenue for YEA and distributed where needed. Please keep in mind that I'm not a CPA, so maybe I'm misreading the filing but if the decreased revenue from bands is accurate and the settlement is anywhere close to what Hopkins was asking for, my outlook is gloomy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GetOFFmyDot said:

I don't want to kick something that is already beaten up, but...

Every time you donate anything to The Cadets or YEA, you are helping subsidize the settlement they made with George Hopkins, who did awful things to too many people. 

There are many other corps around who have protected children and youth are who are more deserving of your money.

I am truly sorry if that hurts anyone, but it is the truth.

This is both untrue and unfair.

So sad someone would post this.

The only "settlement" under consideration is the balance owed the ex-director for unpaid additions to his retirement plan.  Without question, that money was his to begin with because it was salary reduction.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, cybersnyder said:

Their upcoming 990 should be interesting, but it won't be out for a few months. You can see where previous legal fees come from, looks like everything is revenue for YEA and distributed where needed. Please keep in mind that I'm not a CPA, so maybe I'm misreading the filing but if the decreased revenue from bands is accurate and the settlement is anywhere close to what Hopkins was asking for, my outlook is gloomy.

The 2018 990 is due out this spring.  2019 is a year away yet.

You're correct about the decreased revenue from USBands, but that's not reflected yet in any public documents.

15 minutes ago, cybersnyder said:

Now just imagine what that outlook would be if there's NO consistent revenue coming from USBands because they are separate entities. 

2 minutes ago, garfield said:

The 2018 990 is due out this spring.  2019 is a year away yet.

You're correct about the decreased revenue from USBands, but that's not reflected yet in any public documents.

Right. 2018 should be at least an indication of where things are headed. The last partial filing to rearrange the fiscal year seemed almost as a means of painting a better short term picture.

Edited by cybersnyder

25 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

Well, if like most suits, the lawyers aren't paid until the settlement is reached because both sides will ask for their fees to be paid in the settlement.

So, actually, YEA! hasn't paid much, if anything in fees to this point.