Cadets 2020

1 minute ago, seen-it-all said:

Now just imagine what that outlook would be if there's NO consistent revenue coming from USBands because they are separate entities. 

The "outlook" would be exactly like Crown or PR or Madison or or or or or...

IOW, it will look exactly like a whole bunch of other corps.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, garfield said:

The "outlook" would be exactly like Crown or PR or Madison or or or or or...

IOW, it will look exactly like a whole bunch of other corps.

Depending on debt carried, they were previously heavily subsidized by YEA / USB.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, exitmusic said:

What legal fees? YEA is not currently engaged in any litigation that I am aware of?

all of the retstructuring they've gone through

3 hours ago, GetOFFmyDot said:

I don't want to kick something that is already beaten up, but...

Every time you donate anything to The Cadets or YEA, you are helping subsidize the settlement they made with George Hopkins, who did awful things to too many people. 

There are many other corps around who have protected children and youth are who are more deserving of your money.

I am truly sorry if that hurts anyone, but it is the truth.

what a ridiculous statement - the trolls are certainly out in this thread the past 2 days

• Like 2

3 hours ago, lifeisaround said:

If you were there December 2018, you would know. I was at camp and I don’t remember meeting you, Mr. Dixon ...

Also, the cadets continued to get horns as the office sold them they bought new ones ....

but you must know so much !!!

the announcement video for this years staff for brass specifically mentions that the horns were being replaced for the first time in 3 seasons - so either the brass caption head misspoke or...

and I haven't been at a Cadets CAMP since 1986 - since you're asking

3 hours ago, Poppycock said:

Can anyone on DCP verify they have met him in person? I’ve introduced myself to several people from DCP in Indy last season, but never met Georgey. 

I've never met you either dude - which literally means nothing. I'm not very active in the drum corps activity in terms of attending camps/ shows. Last year I didn't get to a single show in person. The year before I saw one show and 1 day of finals. I'm not hanging around camps and at show after show. Hopefully that is "acceptable"

• Thanks 1