Cadets 2020

5 hours ago, exitmusic said:

SOMEBODY FOUND SUPER FAN?!

You sir are mad late (check my signature). 

Sam Saunders found him months ago and has been delivering converted superfan videos to the Alumni group ever since. He already has 95, 96, and 98. 

Edited by 2000Cadet

3 hours ago, Poppycock said:

Can anyone on DCP verify they have met him in person? I’ve introduced myself to several people from DCP in Indy last season, but never met Georgey. 

I've met many of you in person. I've also never met any of you in person. 

I love how people have been to one or two camps and all of a sudden, they have the inside scoop. Shut up (not you, Poppycock). 

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

I've never met you either dude - which literally means nothing. I'm not very active in the drum corps activity in terms of attending camps/ shows. Last year I didn't get to a single show in person. The year before I saw one show and 1 day of finals. I'm not hanging around camps and at show after show. Hopefully that is "acceptable"

I guess officially I’m considered a dude, but with a feminine sense for fashion. 

Edited by Poppycock
  • Haha 5

5 hours ago, GetOFFmyDot said:

I don't want to kick something that is already beaten up, but...

Every time you donate anything to The Cadets or YEA, you are helping subsidize the settlement they made with George Hopkins, who did awful things to too many people. 

There are many other corps around who have protected children and youth are who are more deserving of your money.

I am truly sorry if that hurts anyone, but it is the truth.

So your feeling is punish as many people as possible for the actions of one person am I correct?? Make an entire organization suffer because you don't like what happened correct??  May I ask which Troll group you belong to? Do you feel better now that you posted this? Maybe you can go visit others and express your dislike for something they do or do you just have a hard_ _ for the cadets?

14 hours ago, FTNK said:

I've heard YEA on verge of bankruptcy and looking to sell the corps, and tuition recently increased. I hope that if they do fold, members can get that $5K back. 

You still can't find anything else to do but come here and post hateful trash because somebody in the Cadets at one time broke your balloon. I know a great therapist if you want the phone number.:blow:

On 1/6/2020 at 5:33 PM, Algernon said:

Fine?

Having to borrow equipment from another corps because Yamaha won't send them the new stuff till they pay the $100,000 in back fees owed isn't fine!

Trying to sell off US Bands  - the primary outside source of income isn't fine! 

Be OK with the corps is in dire straits and raise money! 

Wow.. didn't know trolls hung out in here so much. They must have gotten booted from other places and landed here. Better get a bigger eraser.

7 hours ago, GetOFFmyDot said:

Every time you donate anything to The Cadets or YEA, you are helping subsidize the settlement they made with George Hopkins, who did awful things to too many people. 

With all the potential civil suits that would lay claim on his assets, perhaps you are actually subsidizing his victims.  

Edited by skevinp

2 hours ago, George Dixon said:

the announcement video for this years staff for brass specifically mentions that the horns were being replaced for the first time in 3 seasons - so either the brass caption head misspoke or...

and I haven't been at a Cadets CAMP since 1986 - since you're asking

The brass caption head did misspoke. Like I said. If you were there in December you would of saw the entire organization including staff unload brand new horns, but once again we want to talk without knowing the right information here. 

The cadets have gotten new horns 17,18&19 and you’re right they just got new horns at this December camp as well! 

14 minutes ago, lifeisaround said:

The brass caption head did misspoke. Like I said. If you were there in December you would of saw the entire organization including staff unload brand new horns, but once again we want to talk without knowing the right information here. 

The cadets have gotten new horns 17,18&19 and you’re right they just got new horns at this December camp as well! 

Can’t you just say where your info is coming from?  If you can put the “new horns for the past three years” argument to rest, please provide some proof.  Otherwise, your so-called information isn’t any more believable than anyone else’s.