Cadets 2020

6 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Curious how many people who now say things like this were saying them during that person's tenure.

Also curious if anyone now believes that statement exaggerates the situation during that time. I mean, it's pretty impressive to mismanage a corps to ten championships.

I mean, I stopped financially supporting the Cadets for several years once it became clear he was psychologically abusive with the staff. The financial mismanagement he left the corps with has become more and more obvious after his removal. It is very obvious that he was not capable of building a long term self sustaining non-profit.

He was obviously able to tap the alumni base of the corps to build winning staffs for a while, but that ultimately wasn't sustainable either.

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

Actually I want the corps to very much succeed but I’m hearing the same things. Just waiting to see if any formal announcement is made

well that makes you different (and special/helpful) you want the corps to succeed and you wait for announcements - you don't spew rumors true and/or untrue

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, dbc03 said:

I mean, I stopped financially supporting the Cadets for several years once it became clear he was psychologically abusive with the staff. The financial mismanagement he left the corps with has become more and more obvious after his removal. It is very obvious that he was not capable of building a long term self sustaining non-profit.

He was obviously able to tap the alumni base of the corps to build winning staffs for a while, but that ultimately wasn't sustainable either.

I stopped giving as well - many of us did... it's not all about winning - it's about a quality experience

• Like 1

3 hours ago, George Dixon said:

well that makes you different (and special/helpful) you want the corps to succeed and you wait for announcements - you don't spew rumors true and/or untrue

Trust me it was hard enough not to #### my pants with what I’ve heard and confirmed from multiple places. I don’t need all of you ####### your pants too

• Like 5

Yikes, never a straight answer on here.

6 hours ago, Slingerland said:

That's quite literally the question that DCI's Board is trying to ascertain right now. 

Well that seems peculiar. If DCI is really trying to ascertain if YEA still operates the Cadets, might I suggest DCI call Denis Bonfiglio. I'm pretty sure she will answer the call!

Edited by dans
spelling error
  • Like 5