Cadets 2020

1 hour ago, cybersnyder said:

If their income is limited, that would be a blessing.

Agree. 

But how much of the membership would bail?

Which could lead to <110 members, or a fuller Corps with less talent.  Either of which could put making (World Class) finals in jeopardy. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Slingerland said:

And there always comes a day of reckoning for businesses that operate that way, so here we are. 

In terms of them being able to compete OC this year with no fees, it actually COULD work, since they could balance the $75k in lost show income against the possibility of skating from much more than that in a YEA bankruptcy, and assuming they make Finals, they'd be back on a paying track next season. That would be a truly sorry course of action (and DCI would likely not agree to it), but it would be a viable option.

going OC would damage the corps more perception wise than stories of financial troubles

2 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Agree. 

Which could lead to <110 members, or a fuller Corps with less talent.  Either of which could put making (World Class) finals in jeopardy. 

Yes. They still have the Cadets name which is certainly tarnished a bit but still strong. But $5k in tour fees ($4.5k if paid early, I think) would probably give some pause. I don't know how to quantify that impact. Personally, I'd wait until the last minute to sign a contract. Hopefully they're being upfront with potential members and it's not a case of "surprise, we're OC this year". That's worst case and people will feel ripped off. Parents especially after writing a big check. Sure, it's not always the parent paying, but you know what I mean.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, dooser11 said:

how does the organization not say anything?  Website hasn't been updated since 11/22.

Probably nothing concrete yet. The problem is that it's too small of a community for things to not get out. In the absence of official statements, rumors thrive.

2 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Agree. 

except none of this is anything other than internet chatter at this point

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, dooser11 said:

how does the organization not say anything?  Website hasn't been updated since 11/22.

corps camp this weekend - I'd expect some updates after that

• Like 2

1 hour ago, George Dixon said:

corps camp this weekend - I'd expect some updates after that

How’s the weather where camp is held? In the snow/sleet/rain band here but going on since Saturday am and to go until early tomorrow. And more snow further East which might be a help.

Edited by JimF-LowBari