Cadets 2020

3 hours ago, cybersnyder said:

Yes. They still have the Cadets name which is certainly tarnished a bit but still strong. But $5k in tour fees ($4.5k if paid early, I think) would probably give some pause. I don't know how to quantify that impact. Personally, I'd wait until the last minute to sign a contract. Hopefully they're being upfront with potential members and it's not a case of "surprise, we're OC this year". That's worst case and people will feel ripped off. Parents especially after writing a big check. Sure, it's not always the parent paying, but you know what I mean.

This may be controversial, but I firmly believe the score received by a Corps should be based only on what is performed on the field any given evening - not the Corps name, brand, instructors, or past successes (or failures for that matter).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Poppycock said:

Still auditioning, so I doubt they made final cuts. 

If I were auditioning, before I signed a contract (thereby promising $ to the Corps) I would want to know if I am signing up for an Open Class tour or a World Class tour.

And if I signed up for World Class & it was changed afterward to Open Class, I would expect (at least) a reduction in amount owed, and hopefully the offer of a full refund so I could go elsewhere to march a World Class tour schedule.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JimF-LowBari said:

How’s the weather where camp is held? In the snow/sleet/rain band here but going on since Saturday am and to go until early tomorrow. And more snow further East which might be a help.

Don’t know. I’m here in MD and we just have some icy rain - nothing much 

3 hours ago, dooser11 said:

how does the organization not say anything?  Website hasn't been updated since 11/22.

I’m sure all kinds of lawyering going on. If it were doom and gloom they wouldn’t be at camp now

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

If I were auditioning, before I signed a contract (thereby promising $ to the Corps) I would want to know if I am signing up for an Open Class tour or a World Class tour.

And if I signed up for World Class & it was changed afterward to Open Class, I would expect (at least) a reduction in amount owed, and hopefully the offer of a full refund so I could go elsewhere to march a World Class tour schedule.

They won’t be open class. Not sure how that rumor started but it’s nowhere near accurate 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

50 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

Don’t know. I’m here in MD and we just have some icy rain - nothing much 

They’re near the line for snow/rain. Since most got there last night they should be fine

1 hour ago, Jeff Ream said:

They’re near the line for snow/rain. Since most got there last night they should be fine

Synchronized ice skating for basics block 

9 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

Lol couple of neighbors shoveled and now have nice shiny (icy) sidewalk. Harrisburg area get above freezing tonight but back below by noon. At least the roads should be treated

30 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

Practice for wet props

• Like 1