Cadets 2020

14 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

This may be controversial, but I firmly believe the score received by a Corps should be based only on what is performed on the field any given evening - not the Corps name, brand, instructors, or past successes (or failures for that matter).

Good luck with that 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Lol couple of neighbors shoveled and now have nice shiny (icy) sidewalk. Harrisburg area get above freezing tonight but back below by noon. At least the roads should be treated

We were even cool here in "The South." We wouldn't know what to do with snow or ice. I have a snow shovel in the shed, but I would almost be willing to bet that I am the only one in my neighborhood..and I'm pretty solid with betting. 

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

If I were auditioning, before I signed a contract (thereby promising $ to the Corps) I would want to know if I am signing up for an Open Class tour or a World Class tour.

And if I signed up for World Class & it was changed afterward to Open Class, I would expect (at least) a reduction in amount owed, and hopefully the offer of a full refund so I could go elsewhere to march a World Class tour schedule.

You presume the Cadets are drawing from the same pool of talent as the top six. They’re not!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

We were even cool here in "The South." We wouldn't know what to do with snow or ice. I have a snow shovel in the shed, but I would almost be willing to bet that I am the only one in my neighborhood..and I'm pretty solid with betting. 

Have been in Washington DC and northern VA during some storms. My motto “me driving in this doesn’t worry me, it’s the other people driving in it” really applies. Other week there was a terrible chain accident on I-64 near Williamsburg, VA of few dozen cars. Years back they put sand on the highway and I almost wiped out on the sand going around a curve. Had to be close to the same location 

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Have been in Washington DC and northern VA during some storms. My motto “me driving in this doesn’t worry me, it’s the other people driving in it” really applies. Other week there was a terrible chain accident on I-64 near Williamsburg, VA of few dozen cars. Years back they put sand on the highway and I almost wiped out on the sand going around a curve. Had to be close to the same location 

My experience in the Baltimore-DC area, especially the DC area during snow events... is that folks either drive way too fast, as if there is nothing on the road... tailgating and so forth... or way too slow, as if driving over 10 MPH will cause them to careen down an embankment to a fiery death. :laughing:

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Fran Haring said:

My experience in the Baltimore-DC area, especially the DC area during snow events... is that folks either drive way too fast, as if there is nothing on the road... tailgating and so forth... or way too slow, as if driving over 10 MPH will cause them to careen down an embankment to a fiery death. :laughing:

I are up in Central PA and people knew how to drive in snow, granted there was far less traffic. Moved to Columbia, MD and I stay off the roads if there is snow or ice. Have seen too many idiots that think SUV equals impervious to ice. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Fran Haring said:

See that and my thought is “OMG the roads bad so I better drive like a bat outta hell to get off of it quicker”.

Favorite is still the weather report during a snow storm given in front of the Smithsonian. In background see a car go off the road. Reporter says that shows how bad the roads are. I said it shows what happens when you drive like a maniac. “I’m the only one in the road so I can speed up on an unplowed street”.  😫

Edited by JimF-LowBari

1 hour ago, Fran Haring said:

Same here.  There is no snow on the road but it is near the road so some of them freak at the sight of it.   

47 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Same here.  There is no snow on the road but it is near the road so some of them freak at the sight of it.   

When I lived in Baton Rouge, the 2 times (in 4.5 years) the weather gurus FORECAST that it might snow, they closed the roads to everything but emergency traffic/vehicles.  

• Like 1