Cadets 2020

51 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Same here.  There is no snow on the road but it is near the road so some of them freak at the sight of it.   

So first, because I fear the Polizia Temateca, I hope the Cadets come though the struggles created both for and by them (yes, I think at least in some tiny way, there are probably things which could have been prevented by the corps or YEA in regards to finances,) soon and come out for a strong and successful season. Hopefully we get some news soon so we can see where rumor stops and reality begins. 

There...I'm on topic. 

Now, as far as snow, the tradition in the south is to buy all the bread and milk from the stores at the first mention of snow. If you think the stories of this are some sort of myth or sailors yarn....it isn't a myth. People really DO actually buy up all of the bread and milk. Why is a question that no one can seem to answer though my suspicion is that I am missing the page from my "Betty Crocker Cookbook" that mom gave me that has the recipe for the rare and uniquely southern "Milk Sandwich." 

For actual driving in snow, I think it is very well represented by the following skit from SNL:

https://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/weekend-update-buford-calloway/n45830

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

Now, as far as snow, the tradition in the south is to buy all the bread and milk from the stores at the first mention of snow. If you think the stories of this are some sort of myth or sailors yarn....it isn't a myth. People really DO actually buy up all of the bread and milk. Why is a question that no one can seem to answer though my suspicion is that I am missing the page from my "Betty Crocker Cookbook" that mom gave me that has the recipe for the rare and uniquely southern "Milk Sandwich." 

I guess when extreme heat is expected, people in the north rush to the stores to buy long-term non-spoilable items they already have plenty of, and then spend the hot days inside savoring their superior intelligence while sipping sour milk and nibbling stale bread.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

So first, because I fear the Polizia Temateca, I hope the Cadets come though the struggles created both for and by them (yes, I think at least in some tiny way, there are probably things which could have been prevented by the corps or YEA in regards to finances,) soon and come out for a strong and successful season. Hopefully we get some news soon so we can see where rumor stops and reality begins. 

There...I'm on topic. 

For actual driving in snow, I think it is very well represented by the following skit from SNL:

https://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/weekend-update-buford-calloway/n45830

Devil’s dandruff bwahaha 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Poppycock said:

You presume the Cadets are drawing from the same pool of talent as the top six. They’re not!

They’ve never had the top talent. They’ve always had the best work ethic 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MikeD said:

When was scoring not subjective? Ticks were also subjective.

True.  But w/ ticks the casual fan could tell if a Corps was having a good run or not.  Not so anymore - only Big Expert Judge is qualified to tell the difference.

Edited by IllianaLancerContra