Cadets 2020

1 minute ago, lifeisaround said:

I want every corps to succeed. But I don’t want the members to suffer during the process. It’s not fair to those who have already paid for their 2020 season in full for all of a sudden the corps to go in a different direction. 

I think DCI, YEA and all of those involve with the cadets need to take a strong look to see if it’s even an option to be on the road.

Also just because the front of the house seems to look good. Doesn’t mean the back of the house is running smoothly! 

Ps. Theres certain corps who folded after members have paid and no one ever got their money back! 

Just because people come on here posting gloom-and-doom pontifications based on rumors from those they think are in the know doesn't make those rumors facts.

I think we should wait for official announcements from those controlling DCI and Cadets before believing everything that's posted on a forum. 

There are certain people here who have made their agendas clear. 

P.S. Curious about this year's musical selections...

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, lifeisaround said:

I want every corps to succeed. But I don’t want the members to suffer during the process. It’s not fair to those who have already paid for their 2020 season in full for all of a sudden the corps to go in a different direction. 

I think DCI, YEA and all of those involve with the cadets need to take a strong look to see if it’s even an option to be on the road.

Also just because the front of the house seems to look good. Doesn’t mean the back of the house is running smoothly! 

Ps. Theres certain corps who folded after members have paid and no one ever got their money back! 

You might want to check your sources. Spent the day with the Cadets yesterday. You paint a very different picture of the Cadets than the reality I saw yesterday. The corps is very positive and all our excited for the upcoming season.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, lifeisaround said:

NO more bad juju !! be positive..peace

• Like 4

On 1/19/2020 at 11:18 AM, cybersnyder said:

I are up in Central PA and people knew how to drive in snow, granted there was far less traffic. Moved to Columbia, MD and I stay off the roads if there is snow or ice. Have seen too many idiots that think SUV equals impervious to ice. 

Long story shorter here... mid-1990s, commuting from Baltimore to the DC area, I was heading in early on a Saturday (had a 6 AM start time at my job).  It had snowed overnight, and the B/W Parkway was not in good shape. I was moving along at about 35-40 MPH, and an SUV came up and was tailgating me, right on top of me for several miles.  Now, I was not gonna speed up... it was dark, the road was icy and snow-covered, my car was not AWD,  etc. 

After a few miles, the SUV  passed me and abruptly cut back in,  #### near taking my front bumper off. Well... a half-mile or so up the road, the SUV skidded off the roadway into the wooded median strip!!! I slowed down to see if the driver was OK... he was, and he was outside the SUV yelling for me to stop... but I didn't. LOL. God forgive me... but I was so PO'd at the dude that it was up to him to figure out how to get outta there. :tongue:

Edited by Fran Haring
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Next camp is a 1 day camp in Austin, TX next Sunday, January 26.

More info here https://yea.org/events

You can find info about the Feb camp (South of Tampa) and the March and April camps (back at Salem) there also.

I saw a few videos from Sunday and all I can say say is ... Jay Bocook and this brass staff are a great combination and already doing an "heckkin" job well ahead of last year and the drum staff is picking up where they left off last season. So far, so good.  

But don't believe me, come check out one of the camps for yourself, if we have one in your area. 

You can also still give to the Holiday Campaign here - https://yea.org/cadets/holiday?reset=1&id=123

Edited by njthundrrd
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, njthundrrd said:

Those make me nervous.  And they're not even carrying horns and equipment yet.