Cadets 2020

2 hours ago, M Ryan said:

The Cadets will be fine for 2020. There will be a big announcement in the near future outlining the plan for the Cadets moving forward and a lot of the people spewing doom and gloom will be eating a lot of crow.  

This I can tell you and it is first hand knowledge:

The Cadets have taken delivery of a BRAND NEW set of Yamaha Brass

The Cadets have taken delivery of ALL BRAND NEW front ensemble instruments

The Cadets Will be taking delivery of a BRAND NEW set of battery percussion

The Cadets WILL NOT be competing in Open Class. They will be touring this summer as a World Class Drum and Bugle Corps

The Cadets have a Specific budget for the operation of the corps and will adhere to that budget

The “back of the house” is being cleaned and when the dust settles the Cadets will be in a much better place (and it will be a better place than many other corps)

Finally if you talk to any prospective members or vets who have been attending the winter camps they will tell you that the experience has been first rate and the overall vibe is extremely positive

Most in the top 12 will have all new this year...and next year...and the year after.  This is a money maker.  Get it cheap sell it retail

8 minutes ago, cage said:

Yes.  It may not be the doom and gloom that some have said but it is apparently not rainbows and unicorns others are portraying either. 

no one is portraying rainbows and unicorns - most are realistic. Cadets are in serious rebuild mode, competitively AND financially

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, cage said:

Most in the top 12 will have all new this year...and next year...and the year after.  This is a money maker.  Get it cheap sell it retail

Yeah. But given this is a CADETS thread and there are quite a few people implying Cadets may not be touring this year, I think that person wanted to give a little more information about what's actually going on given he's part of those people who have been receiving and inventorying equipment...kinda providing balance to all the naysaying going on in this thread. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just now, 2000Cadet said:

Yeah. But given this is a CADETS thread and there are quite a few people implying Cadets may not be touring this year, I think that person wanted to give a little more information about what's actually going on given he's part of those people who have been receiving and inventorying equipment...kinda providing balance to all the naysaying going on in this thread. 

Thank you for the clarification of my post, you obviously understand what I was trying to convey. In my very first post on this thread I said I do not post on forums but the negativity and false rumors being spread about the Cadets is getting to me and I feel compelled to try to quell some of the false statements being made. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, M Ryan said:

Thank you for the clarification of my post, you obviously understand what I was trying to convey. In my very first post on this thread I said I do not post on forums but the negativity and false rumors being spread about the Cadets is getting to me and I feel compelled to try to quell some of the false statements being made. 

Thank YOU for your sharing of information about Cadets 2020.

With all the negativity that typically goes on in a Cadets thread (and I have been guilty of it in recent-previous years), given the information that's been coming out of each camp from many of the instructors who I've marched with, people who have close ties with the Cadets this season, I believe we would be better off embracing a more positive tone this year given what's happened in the past with this corps.

The more people who have uplifting, direct knowledge to share about Cadets this year, the better. We need more of you. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, lifeisaround said:

I want every corps to succeed. But I don’t want the members to suffer during the process. It’s not fair to those who have already paid for their 2020 season in full for all of a sudden the corps to go in a different direction. 

I think DCI, YEA and all of those involve with the cadets need to take a strong look to see if it’s even an option to be on the road.

Also just because the front of the house seems to look good. Doesn’t mean the back of the house is running smoothly! 

Ps. Theres certain corps who folded after members have paid and no one ever got their money back! 

i think the front of the house for the corps will be fine

Edited by Jeff Ream

11 hours ago, wonker said:

Did anybody else see the Cadet's FB post.....asking for anybody that has auditioned but not made another corps to try out the Cadets for a discounted tour fee?

This is typically a strategy the lower tier World and most Open class corps use on a regular basis to get the cuts (rejects) of the top 12's. It can help fill out a roster and is an attempted money grab while adding a couple of new members.

Remember when Cadets announced NO audition fee for this year. Why do these auditionees have to pay a fee now?

37 minutes ago, fsthnds said:

This is typically a strategy the lower tier World and most Open class corps use on a regular basis to get the cuts (rejects) of the top 12's. It can help fill out a roster and is an attempted money grab while adding a couple of new members.

Remember when Cadets announced NO audition fee for this year. Why do these auditionees have to pay a fee now?

We certainly have a lot of people suddenly interested in every detail of the cAdets

audition packet/registration was $200 with no camp fee; the Texas attendees get the audition packet and camp for $50

a great deal 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, M Ryan said:

The Cadets have a Specific budget for the operation of the corps and will adhere to that budget

The “back of the house” is being cleaned and when the dust settles the Cadets will be in a much better place (and it will be a better place than many other corps)

Let me preface this by saying my wife and I have  been M&G Club Members for what seems like forever.

Although we did reduce our donations towards the end of GH's tenure.

From reading your post and in keeping with the "house" analogy,I have a couple of questions.

1.You say the Cadets have a "specific budget".

Does that mean they have funds on hand,including dues when paid,to cover the tour costs in full or

do they know what they intend to spend and hope to cover those costs ?

If it is the latter,and funds don't equal the budget,what do they do ?

2.Exactly how are the "front of the house and back of the house"  "connected" ?

Unless I missed it,I haven't seen anything explaining the current relationship,financial or

otherwise , between YEA and The Cadets.

After all,if the back and front of the house are connected,and the back collapses,so does the front.

3.I'd also like to know exactly what "cleaning the back of the house means".

I'm concerned that the Cadets are  just "kicking the can down the road".

Get the corps on the road for anther tour,regardless.

I wish YEA/The Cadets would be a little more open about their financial situation,

especially since we keep getting requests for donations.

I would like to know  how our donations are being spent.

Edited by rpbobcat
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1