Cadets 2020

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

Spending willy-nilly like there’s no tomorrow, was never a good plan. 

OK... please leave the U.S. government out of this conversation.

• Haha 8

So when are the Cadets going to announce they are coming under the umbrella of Inspire Arts and renaming the corps "The NJ Junior Crusaders"?

.....kidding...I'm just kidding.......it's a joke..... 😛 Hope the Cadets have a successful re-boot under this new leadership and a successful 2020 season.

Edited by Spatzzz
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Spatzzz said:

So when are the Cadets going to announce they coming under the umbrella of Inspire Arts and renaming the corps "The NJ Junior Crusaders"?

.....kidding...I'm just kidding.......it's a joke..... 😛 Hope the Cadets have a successful re-boot under this new leadership and a successful 2020 season.

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, FTNK said:

And it seems such a waste of time...

If that's what it's all about...

mama if that's movin' up, then I'm........

that's not what's happening - it will be announced when they are ready to announce

I think you'll be quite happy

10 hours ago, rpbobcat said:

Let me preface this by saying my wife and I have  been M&G Club Members for what seems like forever.

Although we did reduce our donations towards the end of GH's tenure.

From reading your post and in keeping with the "house" analogy,I have a couple of questions.

1.You say the Cadets have a "specific budget".

Does that mean they have funds on hand,including dues when paid,to cover the tour costs in full or

do they know what they intend to spend and hope to cover those costs ?

If it is the latter,and funds don't equal the budget,what do they do ?

2.Exactly how are the "front of the house and back of the house"  "connected" ?

Unless I missed it,I haven't seen anything explaining the current relationship,financial or

otherwise , between YEA and The Cadets.

After all,if the back and front of the house are connected,and the back collapses,so does the front.

3.I'd also like to know exactly what "cleaning the back of the house means".

I'm concerned that the Cadets are  just "kicking the can down the road".

Get the corps on the road for anther tour,regardless.

I wish YEA/The Cadets would be a little more open about their financial situation,

especially since we keep getting requests for donations.

I would like to know  how our donations are being spent.

Great post.  Most of this will be covered in the upcoming announcements.  Specifically, question 2 .... SO I will not comment.

1.  All Campaign Donation Contributions to The Cadets go directly to "The Cadets".  And ONLY "The Cadets".

2. Drum corps budgets can not operate on member fees alone.  That's impossible for even the tiniest corps.  Donations, fees, contracted sponsorships, performance fees, inventory sales and additional revenue streams all contribute to the yearly budget. 

Every organization involved in DCI deals with the struggle of balancing the costs of touring and operations against budgetary needs.  No one is kicking cans at The Cadets.  At every turn, I've experienced nothing but open communication and a clear plan for how to meet those needs.

3.  Cleaning houses always involves new blood taking up the torch.  New Admins, New Directorship, stronger planning, better organization, fiscal responsibility and clear communication when necessary and needed. 

Your questions are valid and require answers.  Those are coming, but not from me.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, supersop said:

Cleaning houses always involves new blood taking up the torch.  New Admins, New Directorship, stronger planning, better organization, fiscal responsibility and clear communication when necessary and needed. 

I hope that for the first time since I began having contact with the organization (1989) the powers that be will recognize that the Development role (fund raising) is an actual profession. That they will hire a professional of considerable caliber - preferably from outside the DCI activity - that the organization will finally have a professional and dynamic development plan, led by someone who has experience building and growing sustainable funding that is aligned with best practices in the profession. 

Edited by GlenI
  • Like 5

On 1/20/2020 at 8:05 AM, dans said:

Had a great day with the Cadets yesterday. There is huge difference between the perception created by DCP and what is actually happening with the Cadets.

Did you get to look at their financials while you were there?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, TwoValves said:

Did you get to look at their financials while you were there?

Yeah and he also got to look at how much gas was in the shuttle bus.  

giphy.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 5