Cadets 2020

6 hours ago, Poppycock said:

For some perhaps, but not for all! 

housing is going to be an issue for all

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Poppycock said:

An issue for some but not for others. 

Not what you know but who you know in finding places?

6 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Not what you know but who you know in finding places?

I assume that’s almost always the case. I’m sure that on some stops the corps gets a sweetheart deal, other times it’s more of a business transaction. As I wish younger me would have known, networking is probably the most important skill you can have. 

• Like 1

Just now, cybersnyder said:

I assume that’s almost always the case. I’m sure that on some stops the corps gets a sweetheart deal, other times it’s more of a business transaction. As I wish younger me would have known, networking is probably the most important skill you can have. 

True but I wasn’t even thinking of sweetheart deals just being about to find a place where needed on tour. Think DCI East last year was when there was a thread looking for sites at the last minute 

1 minute ago, JimF-LowBari said:

True but I wasn’t even thinking of sweetheart deals just being about to find a place where needed on tour. Think DCI East last year was when there was a thread looking for sites at the last minute 

Gotcha. I would have thought east coast would be easier to find housing as it has a higher population density. 

10 minutes ago, cybersnyder said:

Gotcha. I would have thought east coast would be easier to find housing as it has a higher population density. 

Not sure about that. What I noticed seems to be an increase in schools worrying about liability (especially with the predator issue) and “outsiders” using taxpayer funded property. All it takes is one big mouth at a school board  meeting or election raising hades and board takes easy way out and says NO.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, cybersnyder said:

Public schools are less and less willing to host outside groups like drum corps, given costs and other community-based activities going on at the schools, even in summer. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, 2000Cadet said:

Well, he posted his own thoughts on how Cadets are doing so why would he have the need to check Cadets' financials. Can't understand why you guys are being ridiculous today. 

Because I think it is a valid question if an entirely new group of folks is handling the business and operations.  Even some of the top corps have some struggles to meet their targets.  So it's not an out-of-bounds question to wonder how a new group will manage to raise more than just tuition money, along with whatever debt they must contend with, which could be rather large.

And frankly, DCI has shown in the past they will demand full and transparent insight and proof that they can complete a tour, not just start one.