Cadets 2020

18 minutes ago, TwoValves said:

Unproven - yes.  Bravo for Hall of Famer Denise Bonfiglio.  I'm sure she earned that honor.  However that does not automatically equal the knowledge and skillsets to run a multi-faceted multi-million dollar organization.  She may do very well and she may be surrounded by a strong team.   The unproven part is that we still don't actually know who is running what at this point.  Are Denise and the Cadets still a part of YEA as of this moment?  Does the BOD of YEA still have complete control of the finances?   If the answer is no, then why is that information not yet public?  Why does the YEA site still list The Cadets as part of their org if that has changed?  If it has changed, why is there no listing of the new BOD who IS controlling the financial interest of The Cadets.

Everyone can feel free to join in and attack if they choose.  That's your perogative.  But I am not makikng wild claims or snarky comments.  I am asking legitimate questions about the transparency and stability of what was/is/may be YEA and The Cadets, as well as asking questions about why much of this still seems to be shrouded in secrecy and not a topic anyone is supposed to be allowed to discuss.

Have you actually reached out to YEA/The Cadets to see if they could answer the questions you have?

Edited by 2000Cadet

Just now, 2000Cadet said:

Have you actually reached out to YEA/The Cadets to see if they could answer the questions you have?

I'm asking in a public discussion dedicated specifically to the current edition of The Cadets, and in response to multiple people who have posted commentary and thoughts about the health and well being of the organization.  Are you implying it is OK to only post some questions and answers about them, while some questions should not be asked?

• Haha 1

Okaaaay.... is there anyone posting on DCP that could answer Cadets financial questions like ones that have been raised? Not asking for names just a yes or no....

if answer is no then senseless asking here...

1 minute ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Okaaaay.... is there anyone posting on DCP that could answer Cadets financial questions like ones that have been raised? Not asking for names just a yes or no....

if answer is no then senseless asking here...

Senseless?  Is it not OK to point out the types of questions that should be asked?  There seems to be a lot of people who are "in the know" about all things Cadets.  They are making bold statements about the health of the corps and the org.  It should be OK to say "is anyone else thinking about these things?"  And who knows?  Maybe someone who DOES have those answers would get wind of this discussion and decide they should publicly address them.  It's happened before.  Kathy Black's video interview of late comes to mind.  No one here knew the answers about how and why the "any instruments" proposal came about and a LOT of people on here made unsubstantiated claims.  There's no doubt she felt compelled to respond to the rising tide of questions.  

Sorry, not sorry.  If it's OK for someone to say "I saw a rehearsal and everything is good" it is equally OK to day "I haven't seen any evidence of what the operational structure is so I believe there may be cause for concern."   We are just opining on what we have observed.  If it leads to a broader discussion and results in a more "official" statement or two coming out, then it is worth discussing.  Otherwise, what exactly is the forum even here for?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, TwoValves said:

Senseless?  Is it not OK to point out the types of questions that should be asked?  There seems to be a lot of people who are "in the know" about all things Cadets.  They are making bold statements about the health of the corps and the org.  It should be OK to say "is anyone else thinking about these things?"  And who knows?  Maybe someone who DOES have those answers would get wind of this discussion and decide they should publicly address them.  It's happened before.  Kathy Black's video interview of late comes to mind.  No one here knew the answers about how and why the "any instruments" proposal came about and a LOT of people on here made unsubstantiated claims.  There's no doubt she felt compelled to respond to the rising tide of questions.  

Sorry, not sorry.  If it's OK for someone to say "I saw a rehearsal and everything is good" it is equally OK to day "I haven't seen any evidence of what the operational structure is so I believe there may be cause for concern."   We are just opining on what we have observed.  If it leads to a broader discussion and results in a more "official" statement or two coming out, then it is worth discussing.  Otherwise, what exactly is the forum even here for?

f70fe701118232b474040417144e464e.png

Edited by ykw
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, TwoValves said:

I'm asking in a public discussion dedicated specifically to the current edition of The Cadets, and in response to multiple people who have posted commentary and thoughts about the health and well being of the organization.  Are you implying it is OK to only post some questions and answers about them, while some questions should not be asked?

Questions that nobody here can answer are really just backhanded ways of throwing shade on the organization. 2000Cadet is asking if you have contacted the organization itself, as only they can answer questions that are not part of the public-facing operation of the 2020 Cadets, such as camps and reactions to the members and staff that they can see/hear.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

On 1/20/2020 at 8:05 AM, dans said:

Had a great day with the Cadets yesterday. There is huge difference between the perception created by DCP and what is actually happening with the Cadets.

So this above was the original post, not a reply to someone, but information on the upcoming season of The Cadets. 

This was your response: 

On 1/22/2020 at 1:06 PM, TwoValves said:

Did you get to look at their financials while you were there?

BUT, he was gracious enough to provide you with some kind of answer to your question: 

On 1/22/2020 at 4:47 PM, dans said:

Actually, I did have a conversation at camp about financials. The Cadets are facing the money issues head on and working towards solutions. Sorry I interrupted the standard gloom and doom with some good news about the Cadets! And by the way, financial issues are not exclusive to the Cadets. The current DCI touring model is not sustainable. I hope your favorite corps gets more support than the Cadets when financial troubles hit.

But because his answer was unsatisfactory, it kept on going, and now you're asking this: 

12 minutes ago, TwoValves said:

So let's assess. A poster wanted to provide some information about what the Cadets are coming up with in terms of their 2020 show. And instead, he was asked about financials, when that question could have been asked of someone who probably would have had more information than the poster to whom you posed the question. 

I'm sorry if you feel that someone is attacking you, but your question was irrelevant based on the initial post to which you responded. So I feel no sympathy for calling it out. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, MikeD said:

Questions that nobody here can answer are really just backhanded ways of throwing shade on the organization. 2000Cadet is asking if you have contacted the organization itself, as only they can answer questions that are not part of the public-facing operation of the 2020 Cadets, such as camps and reactions to the members and staff that they can see/hear.

I think I just addressed this well in my above post.  Asking questions is not "throwing shade."  That's an unfair assessment and assumes a lot without knowing facts.  It's personal, which is something that is usually frowned upon here.  A little consistency, maybe?

Since no one bothered to ask - I don't in any way have negative feelings or ill-wishes for The Cadets.  I'm certainly not saying anything derogatory about them. On the contrary, I am concerned about the odd lack of public comment from the actual org, and want to be reassured that everything is OK on ALL levels, not just the rehearsal/performance parts.  I think that is a legitimate thing to worry about given we have seen before that all is not always as it seems.  

Was there this much opposition to people asking questions about GH when the accusations were flying about?  I don't recall people saying "there is no reason to talk about any of that because no one here has the answers?"  Nope.  Lots of people asked lots of tough questions and unfortunately, some bad things came to light.  Hopefully there is nothing but good news yet to come about The Cadets.  But I should not be chastised for asking thought-provoking questions. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, TwoValves said:

I think I just addressed this well in my above post.  Asking questions is not "throwing shade."  That's an unfair assessment and assumes a lot without knowing facts.  It's personal, which is something that is usually frowned upon here.  A little consistency, maybe?

Since no one bothered to ask - I don't in any way have negative feelings or ill-wishes for The Cadets.  I'm certainly not saying anything derogatory about them. On the contrary, I am concerned about the odd lack of public comment from the actual org, and want to be reassured that everything is OK on ALL levels, not just the rehearsal/performance parts.  I think that is a legitimate thing to worry about given we have seen before that all is not always as it seems.  

Was there this much opposition to people asking questions about GH when the accusations were flying about?  I don't recall people saying "there is no reason to talk about any of that because no one here has the answers?"  Nope.  Lots of people asked lots of tough questions and unfortunately, some bad things came to light.  Hopefully there is nothing but good news yet to come about The Cadets.  But I should not be chastised for asking thought-provoking questions. 

77e5df1d20903d3a17b049663a127f1168e82d8c

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, TwoValves said:

No, it is not a personal attack...my comment was about posts made about the corps, not a personal attack on the poster. 

Note that the posts in question are not being removed. I personally feel they are unfair and not valid, but so far they do not go against any DCP guidelines.

It is certainly appropriate to ask the poster if they have contacted those who are able to answer when posts are thrown up with no way anybody here can answer them. Posts that are not able to be answered are a back handed way of dissing the organization, IMO (as a poster not a DCP admin).

The stuff about GH generated lots of commentary here, but what came to light was not from posting on social media. People asked things about what was being reported and the legal issues coming to light, of course.  Social media posting was reacting to what was happening, not causing it to happen.

You are not being "chastised" by anyone for your questions. You have been asked if you have approached those who can answer them.

Edited by MikeD
  • Like 1