Cadets 2020

4 minutes ago, seen-it-all said:

Have you? As an alum, perhaps you should. If it were my corps who was skating on thin ice, I'd wanna know whatever they could tell me.

IF I had the question, I CERTAINLY would have asked the right people. But since I didn't have a question about it, I didn't ask. 

Additionally, I AM part of the Alumni group on Facebook and they have been providing quite a bit of information to those who are members of it. 

I am also in contact with the staff members who are teaching Cadets this year as I marched with many of them. 

So, rest assured, I am more than capable of having my questions answered WHEN I have them. 

Nice try though. 

Edited by 2000Cadet
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, MikeD said:

No, it is not a personal attack...my comment was about posts made about the corps, not a personal attack on the poster. 

Note that the posts in question are not being removed. I personally feel they are unfair and not valid, but so far they do not go against any DCP guidelines.

It is certainly appropriate to ask the poster if they have contacted those who are able to answer when posts are thrown up with no way anybody here can answer them. Posts that are not able to be answered are a back handed way of dissing the organization, IMO (as a poster not a DCP admin).

The stuff about GH generated lots of commentary here, but what came to light was not from posting on social media. People asked things about what was being reported and the legal issues coming to light, of course.  Social media posting was reacting to what was happening, not causing it to happen.

You are not being "chastised" by anyone for your questions. You have been asked if you have approached those who can answer them.

I guess this is a classic "agree to disagree" moment.  When someone says that I am "throwing shade" that is most assuredly personal - it's criticizing me of putting out a perceived derogatory statement. Nothing I said was derogatory.  If you were only commenting on the content of my comments, a less personal way to go about it would be something like "I think your comments are unfair/unfounded."   Whatever.  Clearly I have touched a nerve here, because I have not for one second criticized The Cadets and yet several are acting as if I have insulted them gravely.  

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, TwoValves said:

I guess this is a classic "agree to disagree" moment.  When someone says that I am "throwing shade" that is most assuredly personal - it's criticizing me of putting out a perceived derogatory statement. Nothing I said was derogatory.  If you were only commenting on the content of my comments, a less personal way to go about it would be something like "I think your comments are unfair/unfounded."   Whatever.  Clearly I have touched a nerve here, because I have not for one second criticized The Cadets and yet several are acting as if I have insulted them gravely.  

No, some are just pointing out that if you truly have financial concerns about The Cadets, you'd be better off contacting those who are financially responsible for....The Cadets. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TwoValves said:

Senseless?  Is it not OK to point out the types of questions that should be asked?  There seems to be a lot of people who are "in the know" about all things Cadets.  They are making bold statements about the health of the corps and the org.  It should be OK to say "is anyone else thinking about these things?"  And who knows?  Maybe someone who DOES have those answers would get wind of this discussion and decide they should publicly address them.  It's happened before.  Kathy Black's video interview of late comes to mind.  No one here knew the answers about how and why the "any instruments" proposal came about and a LOT of people on here made unsubstantiated claims.  There's no doubt she felt compelled to respond to the rising tide of questions.  

Sorry, not sorry.  If it's OK for someone to say "I saw a rehearsal and everything is good" it is equally OK to day "I haven't seen any evidence of what the operational structure is so I believe there may be cause for concern."   We are just opining on what we have observed.  If it leads to a broader discussion and results in a more "official" statement or two coming out, then it is worth discussing.  Otherwise, what exactly is the forum even here for?

Now you’re saying you’re  pointing out what type of questions should be asked. From the way I’ve read your earlier posts you are looking for ANSWERS to your questions and not saying what should be asked.

So which is it?

2 hours ago, TwoValves said:

Unproven - yes.  Bravo for Hall of Famer Denise Bonfiglio.  I'm sure she earned that honor.  However that does not automatically equal the knowledge and skillsets to run a multi-faceted multi-million dollar organization.  She may do very well and she may be surrounded by a strong team.   The unproven part is that we still don't actually know who is running what at this point.  Are Denise and the Cadets still a part of YEA as of this moment?  Does the BOD of YEA still have complete control of the finances?   If the answer is no, then why is that information not yet public?  Why does the YEA site still list The Cadets as part of their org if that has changed?  If it has changed, why is there no listing of the new BOD who IS controlling the financial interest of The Cadets.

Everyone can feel free to join in and attack if they choose.  That's your perogative.  But I am not makikng wild claims or snarky comments.  I am asking legitimate questions about the transparency and stability of what was/is/may be YEA and The Cadets, as well as asking questions about why much of this still seems to be shrouded in secrecy and not a topic anyone is supposed to be allowed to discuss.

Are the Blue Devils folding? Is DCI shutting down The Cavaliers? Did Michael Gaines kill Jimmy Hoffa? Why aren't these organizations answering my questions on DCP?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, dbc03 said:

Are the Blue Devils folding? Is DCI shutting down The Cavaliers? Did Michael Gaines kill Jimmy Hoffa? Why aren't these organizations answering my questions on DCP?

And who the heck is Jimmy Hoffa?