Cadets 2020

7 hours ago, Poppycock said:

The cost of touring was never going to get cheaper! The perceived touring prerequisite has been the demise of many organizations since the formation of DCI. 

a month or more on a college campus doesnt help

5 hours ago, TwoValves said:

Were they?  Do we know there is nothing still being discussed and that a full-on "You're good to go" has been given to them?  Or do we only know that DCI has not come out with any type of a public statement so far?

from all i hear yes.....or this past weekend would have been far different

4 hours ago, George Dixon said:

"an unproven group of people" -- do you know who Denise Bonfiglio is???? What an absolutely RIDICULOUS statement. This "unproven" team is loaded with caption winners, championship winners, corporate leaders and DCI HOFers.. 

yup. some very hard decisions have been made the last 2 years. not all were popular. continued evaluation of things well as ongoing issues known by all have made it tough. things didnt get rough overnight. they won't be perfect overnight. but current plans in motion and to be  announced will start righting the ship.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, TwoValves said:

Unproven - yes.  Bravo for Hall of Famer Denise Bonfiglio.  I'm sure she earned that honor.  However that does not automatically equal the knowledge and skillsets to run a multi-faceted multi-million dollar organization.  She may do very well and she may be surrounded by a strong team.   The unproven part is that we still don't actually know who is running what at this point.  Are Denise and the Cadets still a part of YEA as of this moment?  Does the BOD of YEA still have complete control of the finances?   If the answer is no, then why is that information not yet public?  Why does the YEA site still list The Cadets as part of their org if that has changed?  If it has changed, why is there no listing of the new BOD who IS controlling the financial interest of The Cadets.

Everyone can feel free to join in and attack if they choose.  That's your perogative.  But I am not makikng wild claims or snarky comments.  I am asking legitimate questions about the transparency and stability of what was/is/may be YEA and The Cadets, as well as asking questions about why much of this still seems to be shrouded in secrecy and not a topic anyone is supposed to be allowed to discuss.

i'll make it easy for you: when and if all rumored or unknown if any at all changes are complete, all will be known. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, seen-it-all said:

Have you? As an alum, perhaps you should. If it were my corps who was skating on thin ice, I'd wanna know whatever they could tell me.

i have. and i promised to let things develop as they need to. if i thought whatever was going was not good, i'd be dropping hints

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TwoValves said:

I guess this is a classic "agree to disagree" moment.  When someone says that I am "throwing shade" that is most assuredly personal - it's criticizing me of putting out a perceived derogatory statement. Nothing I said was derogatory.  If you were only commenting on the content of my comments, a less personal way to go about it would be something like "I think your comments are unfair/unfounded."   Whatever.  Clearly I have touched a nerve here, because I have not for one second criticized The Cadets and yet several are acting as if I have insulted them gravely.  

you're over reacting.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 2000Cadet said:

And who the heck is Jimmy Hoffa? 

rumor has it you marched on him a few times

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

59 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

rumor has it you marched on him a few times

Well, I was able to find a digital version of the 2000 tour video, so I'll have to comb through it to find him. 

9 hours ago, TwoValves said:

Unproven - yes.  Bravo for Hall of Famer Denise Bonfiglio.  I'm sure she earned that honor.  However that does not automatically equal the knowledge and skillsets to run a multi-faceted multi-million dollar organization. 

I’m sorry but you aren’t being constructive and you don’t know what you’re talking about. It’s a dangerous combination

oh look she has lots of experience running multi million dollar organizations:

Professionally, Denise recently retired from MetLife where she was an officer of the company for 16 of her 35-year career. During Denise’s tenure at MetLife, her “hands-on” approach brought her to the front-line managing Insurance Product Software Development, and Quality Assurance functions in several locations around the US and Canada. Throughout Denise’s career at MetLife, she was extensively involved in company mergers and acquisitions converting software Illustration systems onto MetLife platforms. Denise managed a staff of 20 as well as associates in different locations around the country. Denise also played a significant role in relocating and transitioning MetLife’s Retail business operations to North Carolina.

Denise is currently the Co-Founder and President of the Bonfiglio Foundation. As a non-profit charitable organization, the Foundation’s philanthropic mission is to raise money to provide scholarships in honor of George and Patsy Bonfiglio. Applications are accepted from young men and women that participate in DCI organizations. George Bonfiglio was the first president of the DCI Board of Directors and played a significant role in leading the organization through its early years to ultimately build a foundation for future success.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, 2000Cadet said:

Well, I was able to find a digital version of the 2000 tour video, so I'll have to comb through it to find him. 

He either looks like Jack Nicholson with a bad nose prothesis (movie version) or Robert Blake (tv version)...  🤪