Cadets 2020

5 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

He either looks like Jack Nicholson with a bad nose prothesis (movie version) or Robert Blake (tv version)...  🤪

or now Pacino on netflix

5 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

or now Pacino on netflix

Lol with the exception of Robert Blake they’re all too #### tall. Weird memory going to family reunion when a kid. We went near Allenwood when Hoffa was there and my mom joked maybe he’ll wave as we go by. I pictured all these prisoners waving at cars as they went bye to pass the time.  🤭

Edited by JimF-LowBari

I’ll have faith in whatever decisions are made to prevent losing Cadets, and trust whatever decisions current leaders make are well founded. They’re on the front lines, not me.

Curious to know more about what any change to the Cadets/YEA  relationship could look like. As Lehigh Valley resident, I know changing the base of operations of either one/both of these organizations will get heavy news coverage and discussion. Sadly, we’ll probably get a full rehash of incidents that came before. Ouch!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rpbobcat said:

Please reread my post.

I never said anything about being unimpressed with Ms.Bonfiglio  being an officer at Metlife.

What I said was I didn't know how much "hand's on" experience she has handling the technical 

aspects of running a corps.

There is no question she has the ability to handle the "musical production" components of the corps' show.

I also said that, if she does have to handle the technical aspects  of running a corps ,she would know where her expertise is,and who to bring in.

To me,recognizing your limitations , is a compliment .

I also never said The Cadets haven't made hard choices.

It just seems there are more to be made.

Your post is the first I've heard of a "limited tour" for 2020 and making their own props.

Those are positive steps.

What I would like to know,and i assume this will be addressed at some point, is,with the

"hard choices"  YEA/The Cadets have made,are they still operating in  the "the red".

If they are,how deep is the "red ink",especially with long term debt.

she has a ton... her full bio is right there on yea.org

I'm over all this back and forth - hopefully all these concerned folks will be donating and volunteering and back here in the thread complimenting the corps this summer. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, ykw said:

If you're referring to the first week in July, the corps will be rehearsing in Dartmouth and then performing in two of the largest July 4th parades in New England (Bristol RI and Wakefield MA) for which I would expect they will receive performance revenue.   

The alternative would've been to follow the tour down to Orlando.   On the surface, this decision not to travel south seems like a prudent financial one.

If I am not mistaken, Boston is actually traveling to the mid-west for shows and parades, for the 4th not Fla. So that could have been an option as opposed to staying in Ma. for a week and then travel to Tenn. without any shows.

1 hour ago, ykw said:

The alternative would've been to follow the tour down to Orlando.   On the surface, this decision not to travel south seems like a prudent financial one.

Ain't nobody got time to do that for a show that will be rained out anyway

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, dans said:

The Cadets financial issues are a matter between DCI, the Cadets management team, the marching members and their parents. Not sure why anyone else needs to be involved. I applaud the current management team at the Cadets for sticking by the organization and making tough decisions to help ensure the future of this great drum corps.

Did everyone here feel that was the right approach when discussing all things George Hopkins?  Asking for a friend.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

26 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

she has a ton... her full bio is right there on yea.org

I'm over all this back and forth - hopefully all these concerned folks will be donating and volunteering and back here in the thread complimenting the corps this summer. 

Actually,I read her bio before posting.

Lots of experience in the performance part of the activity.

Not as much in the administrative .

I also don't know how much of her work at Metlife or the Donfiglio Foundation,translates to running 

a drum corps.

But, as I posted ,she seems like the type of person who recognizes her limitations and

will,assuming she has the authority to,bring in people who can address what she can't.

The question remains,if The Cadets are still part of YEA,exactly what her role is/responsibilities are ?

Same,if The Cadets are now an independent entity.

As I've also posted,my wife and I contribute every year.

Knowing that any contribution we make to The Cadets goes to The Cadets addressed our

concerns about whether our contribution may be "steered" in a different direction.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, dans said:

The Cadets financial issues are a matter between DCI, the Cadets management team, the marching members and their parents. Not sure why anyone else needs to be involved. 

I disagree.

If The Cadets are asking me to contribute to their organization,I feel I have a right to have at least some idea of their financial situation.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, rpbobcat said:

I disagree.

If The Cadets are asking me to contribute to their organization,I feel I have a right to have at least some idea of their financial situation.

I guess it all depends on how cynical one is about the Cadets. Personally, I trust the current management team at the Cadets. Their main focus is sustaining the Cadets into the future and giving the marching members an amazing and safe experience. It really isn't necessary to be mistrusting of the current Cadets team. The reason to be cynical about the Cadets is long gone!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1