Cadets 2020

45 minutes ago, TwoValves said:

Did everyone here feel that was the right approach when discussing all things George Hopkins?  Asking for a friend.  

So you’re comparing possible criminal behavior of GH to what the current BoD is doing?

21 minutes ago, dans said:

I guess it all depends on how cynical one is about the Cadets. Personally, I trust the current management team at the Cadets. Their main focus is sustaining the Cadets into the future and giving the marching members an amazing and safe experience. It really isn't necessary to be mistrusting of the current Cadets team. The reason to be cynical about the Cadets is long gone!

Going back to the days of GH,there were people  touting their trust in The Cadets' Management Team and criticizing

people making cynical comments about the organization.

You obviously you have enough personal involvement with the Cadets to trust the current management team.

I don't have that level of involvement.I can only rely on what The Cadets put out for the public.

Unfortunately,so far that hasn't been very much.

There was previous post saying information on what The Cadets were doing would be forthcoming.

I hoping that,when they do "open up", the concerns of people like me,are addressed and I can finally trust the organization again.

Edited by rpbobcat
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

So you’re comparing possible criminal behavior of GH to what the current BoD is doing?

I'm comparing how hypocritical it sounds to say "Its none of anyone's business what is happening behind the scenes" when people chose to wildly speculate,  gossip and post outright lies about that situation, and now it's not even OK to wonder aloud what may be going on or why there is little info coming out from the org.  I would think the other situation would have warranted a lot less public questioning.  I don't recall anyone ever saying "Have you reached out to the board" when people asked about GH stories and rumors.

• Confused 1

20 minutes ago, TwoValves said:

I'm comparing how hypocritical it sounds to say "Its none of anyone's business what is happening behind the scenes" when people chose to wildly speculate,  gossip and post outright lies about that situation, and now it's not even OK to wonder aloud what may be going on or why there is little info coming out from the org.  I would think the other situation would have warranted a lot less public questioning.  I don't recall anyone ever saying "Have you reached out to the board" when people asked about GH stories and rumors.

In other words, 

just-here-to-stir-the-pot-egenerator-r-m

Edited by ykw

2 hours ago, rpbobcat said:

Please reread my post.

I never said anything about being unimpressed with Ms.Bonfiglio  being an officer at Metlife.

What I said was I didn't know how much "hand's on" experience she has handling the technical 

aspects of running a corps.

There is no question she has the ability to handle the "musical production" components of the corps' show.

My understanding is that she was highly regarded at MetLife, which I will admit I know anecdotally rather than from reading her performance reviews, but regarding drum corps, keep a few things in mind.

Her upbringing was a total drum corps immersion experience. She was an original 27th Lancer. Her parents mortgaged their house to loan DCI starter money. Family friends included Bill Cook and Gale Royer. She knows the story of the rise of the Cadets in the early 80’s from people directly involved. She became a color guard instructor and judge. She has been tour director  for SCV. These are just a few of her drum corps credentials. 

The Cadets have challenges to face but folks like Denise Bonfiglio are part of the solution.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, rpbobcat said:

Going back to the days of GH,there were people  touting their trust in The Cadets' Management Team and criticizing

people making cynical comments about the organization.

You obviously you have enough personal involvement with the Cadets to trust the current management team.

I don't have that level of involvement.I can only rely on what The Cadets put out for the public.

Unfortunately,so far that hasn't been very much.

There was previous post saying information on what The Cadets were doing would be forthcoming.

I hoping that,when they do "open up", the concerns of people like me,are addressed and I can finally trust the organization again.

Fair enough...thanks for sharing your thoughts. 

1 hour ago, JimF-LowBari said:

You're wasting your bandwidth. That person clearly has an agenda even when people have tried their best to answer his/her question to the best of their ability. There's no point in trying to convince someone who clearly does not want to be convinced of anything positive. 

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, TwoValves said:

And you know who is doing the lying... right???? 
If you really want to know then why are you asking here instead of going to YEA/Cadets? 

Edited by JimF-LowBari

24 minutes ago, Tim K said:

My understanding is that she was highly regarded at MetLife, which I will admit I know anecdotally rather than from reading her performance reviews, but regarding drum corps, keep a few things in mind.

Her upbringing was a total drum corps immersion experience. She was an original 27th Lancer. Her parents mortgaged their house to loan DCI starter money. Family friends included Bill Cook and Gale Royer. She knows the story of the rise of the Cadets in the early 80’s from people directly involved. She became a color guard instructor and judge. She has been tour director  for SCV. These are just a few of her drum corps credentials. 

The Cadets have challenges to face but folks like Denise Bonfiglio are part of the solution.

I think Ms.Bonfiglio was a very good choice for Director of The Cadets,especially from

the performance side.

I have several friends who were in the Lancers when she was an instructor. 

When she first became Director I asked them what they thought of her.

They all  had nothing but high praise for her.

I have followed the corps  figuratively  and litteraly since the late 1960's

As a Boy Scout,we marched behind them every year in my town's Memorial Day Parade.

I really hope they are back on the path to success.

If the positive things being about said  the Cadets organization are accurate,and I no have reason to

doubt they are,that will be the case.

I'm looking forward to when the Cadets start getting some more "corps specific" information out to the public so

we can find out exactly what they've been doing behind the scenes.

Looking forward to what comes from the Cadets and I’m a Senior corps side guy with no dog in this fight. Just think some people here have their mind made up and now digging for “evidence” that will “prove” their point. Lol sounds like an ex-coworker who would surf the cable “news” networks until he found one that agreed with him. Then he knew he was “right”

• Haha 2