Cadets 2020

1 hour ago, JimF-LowBari said:

And you know who is doing the lying... right???? 
If you really want to know then why are you asking here instead of going to YEA/Cadets? 

For the exact same reason people asked all of their questions here during the GH debacle.  

3 hours ago, rpbobcat said:

Going back to the days of GH,there were people  touting their trust in The Cadets' Management Team and criticizing

people making cynical comments about the organization.

You obviously you have enough personal involvement with the Cadets to trust the current management team.

I don't have that level of involvement.I can only rely on what The Cadets put out for the public.

Unfortunately,so far that hasn't been very much.

There was previous post saying information on what The Cadets were doing would be forthcoming.

I hoping that,when they do "open up", the concerns of people like me,are addressed and I can finally trust the organization again.

this isn't a Cadets only theme. see other corps threads too.

47 minutes ago, TwoValves said:

For the exact same reason people asked all of their questions here during the GH debacle.  

if i smelled a rat, i'd have said so. i have talked to enough people in the know, i am respecting their request for full public disclosure....but i don't smell a rat for the first time in 30 years

• Like 6

52 minutes ago, TwoValves said:

So how ya doin’ getting answers?

got a feeling it will come when it comes

Edited by JimF-LowBari

6 minutes ago, tedrick said:

January 24th and we're at 165 pages -- no one does a distance urination contest like Cadets fans can!

To be fair the whizzing is going both ways... look out 🤭

YEA had to borrow money from DCI last year and DCI said hey unless you pay us back, you can't compete in 2020 and then they have been going back and forth trying to negotiate a deal and a repayment schedule for like four months. A lot happened at the DCI meetings and I guess there is a framework in place but it isn't completely GREEN LIGHTS yet.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, exitmusic said:

YEA had to borrow money from DCI last year and DCI said hey unless you pay us back, you can't compete in 2020 and then they have been going back and forth trying to negotiate a deal and a repayment schedule for like four months. A lot happened at the DCI meetings and I guess there is a framework in place but it isn't completely GREEN LIGHTS yet.

not true. 

6 hours ago, TwoValves said:

I'm comparing how hypocritical it sounds to say "Its none of anyone's business what is happening behind the scenes" when people chose to wildly speculate,  gossip and post outright lies about that situation, and now it's not even OK to wonder aloud what may be going on or why there is little info coming out from the org.  I would think the other situation would have warranted a lot less public questioning.  I don't recall anyone ever saying "Have you reached out to the board" when people asked about GH stories and rumors.

People absolutely DID talk about reaching out to the board when GH was there.  On many, many occasions.  Of course, the board back then never had any power.