Cadets 2020

1 hour ago, HockeyDad said:

Trolls + the Borg gets you 166 pages. 

So which are you?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, TwoValves said:

For the exact same reason people asked all of their questions here during the GH debacle.  

3n69vx.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

25 minutes ago, Algernon said:

It's hard to hear truth with your head buried in the sand

it's also (apparently) hard to wait until the "truth" is released from the people IN THE KNOW 

Edited by George Dixon
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Tommeee said:

People absolutely DID talk about reaching out to the board when GH was there.  On many, many occasions.  Of course, the board back then never had any power.

They absolutely had power. Under the laws that govern non-profits, they had the ultimate power to intervene however they wanted. They chose not to use it. 

Edited by Slingerland
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, exitmusic said:

YEA had to borrow money from DCI last year and DCI said hey unless you pay us back, you can't compete in 2020 and then they have been going back and forth trying to negotiate a deal and a repayment schedule for like four months. A lot happened at the DCI meetings and I guess there is a framework in place but it isn't completely GREEN LIGHTS yet.

DCI will make loans to member corps?  Talk about a cornucopia of worms in which every corps bird would like to partake.  How is that even possible for a non-profit to loan another non-profit cash?  It may be legally possible but I don't think it would be a prudent practice.     

Edited by keystone3ply
correction - english is hard

30 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

it's also (apparently) hard to wait until the "truth" is released from the people IN THE KNOW 

Here’s the thing, just from an outsider observing perspective:  this is the exact mantra that was repeated on DCP endlessly during the Hopkins years. Just wait. You will know when the information comes out. Until then, shut up. We say we’ve learned from the GH experiences. The need to speak up and be more open for example. I wonder, because based on the same old same old sniping here from all the same people, some things haven’t changed one bit. 

• Like 1

On 1/25/2020 at 8:13 AM, George Dixon said:

I believe a large issue with many posters on this thread is a significant amount of skepticism that things are improving and a forward plan for success (and righting of the cadets ship) is happening.  Continuing to say “the truth” will be released does nothing to ease that doubt.  What has occurred is so devastating to some,  the level of trust for some to step up and say “here is my donation and what more can I do to help” is hard to overcome.  Being more communicative (Cadet leadership) and more transparent might bring more support from the skeptics.  Of course the information should be managed as there are a lot of legal hurdles to deal with, but better communication beyond “just wait, you’ll see” is necessary. The many posters and alums who are supportive imo, deserve more.  People in general want to help.  Given the opportunity.  Just my opinion.  Continued best wishes.

Edited by LabMaster
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

55 minutes ago, LabMaster said:

I believe a large issue with many posters on this thread is a significant amount of skepticism that things are improving and a forward plan for success (and righting of the cadets ship) is happening.  Continuing to say “the truth” will be released does nothing to ease that doubt.  What has occurred is so devastating to some,  the level of trust for some to step up and say “here is my donation and what more can I do to help” is hard to overcome.  Being more communicative (Cadet leadership) and more transparent might bring more support from the skeptics.  Of course the information should be managed as there are a lot of legal hurdles to deal with, but better communication beyond “just wait, you’ll see” isn’t going to cut it much longer. The many posters and alums who are supportive imo, deserve more.  People in general want to help.  Given the opportunity.  Just my opinion.  Continued best wishes.

I doubt it. There are many posters on here who have shown their disdain for Cadets over the years, and some of those same ones NOW want to pretend to care about Cadets financials when, if they REALLY cared, would reach out to the organization directly. With all the information at our fingertips nowadays, it's relatively easy to get what we need, and coming onto a forum blasting the organization for not broadcasting something that could be relatively premature is doing nothing but showing how transparent some people are.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, keystone3ply said:

DCI will make loans to member corps?  Talk about a cornucopia of worms in which every corps bird would like to partake.  How is that even possible for a non-profit to loan another non-profit cash?  It may be legally possible but I don't think it would be a prudent practice.     

Not necessarily "loans" in the traditional sense.  But DCI owes corps money each season and many corps owe DCI money each year if the present shows during the season, buy blocks of tickets for resale, etc.  It could be very plausible that DCI granted an org and extension to pay what they owed,  which some might call a "loan"

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1