Cadets 2020

8 hours ago, Algernon said:

It's hard to hear truth with your head buried in the sand

Now now Mr. Hopkins let's not be rude.

5 hours ago, fsthnds said:

That is true that it could be related to the fees owed to or from the corp. But when they also borrowed from another corp to finish their season and offered the sale of US Bands as collateral. The RED flags get raised!

Wow .. so many newbie trolls showing up.  Tis the season I suppose.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, skevinp said:

Trolldad Hockeyborg.  It’s a German Romanian name.

He’s a count, but he doesn’t like to brag.

:lle::whip::worthy:

8 hours ago, keystone3ply said:

DCI will make loans to member corps?  Talk about a cornucopia of worms in which every corps bird would like to partake.  How is that even possible for a non-profit to loan another non-profit cash?  It may be legally possible but I don't think it would be a prudent practice.     

There are no issues at all with one NP lending money to another.  Wasn't there some discussion about Cadets inquiring about borrowing from other corps?  That would be the same idea (NP to NP).

That said, DCI is, or has been, a "bank" to almost every corps in one way or another.  It's TOTALLY not unusual that Cadets "borrowed" (that term is being used too loosely here, IMO) money from DCI last year, but it is unusual for a corps with Cadets' gravitas to not be able to pay it back when expected.

And I would think that it's even possible that Cadets wouldn't necessarily have to pay it back before they can join the tour.  The point is to see Cadets survive, not kill them calling in a debt at an unnecessary time.

"DCI" is the corps' combined interest and, therefor, Cadets "borrowing" was coming from the other corps through the vehicle of DCI's financial capacity, such that it is.  I'm highly confident that not a single one of them wants to be THE one to "call" the loan and force Cadets into an untenable situation.

The "Bank of DCI" is not run by Wall St or JPMorgan.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, fsthnds said:

That is true that it could be related to the fees owed to or from the corp. But when they also borrowed from another corp to finish their season and offered the sale of US Bands as collateral. The RED flags get raised!

I'm curious about these "red flags" to which you refer.

My experience is that "red flags" introduced by people unfamiliar with financial documents actually end up propagating rumors instead of proving their own expertise.

I'm still catching up in the thread, but it seems that several posting professed financial acumen here are demonstrating that they have none.  Maybe that's not you, but...

About those "red flags"...

Edited by garfield
clarity, baby
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Slingerland said:

Perhaps the graphic could be shown to all of the creditors of YEA, since they’re feeling some pain from the mismanagement there the last several years.  🤨

And maybe with a reminder that the person who committed those mismanagement errors is suing the org for mid-six-figures plus expenses plus lost career wages.

Remind those creditors that their anger should be directed at him, not the current leadership nor the kids they purport to support.

Edited by garfield
either or, neither nor
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TwoValves said:

Like their instructional staff?

The bus company?  The Bank?  The artist?  The food company?  The fuel bill?  The DCI loan?

Just throwing all the babies in there so no, single "harmed" party is given an advantage in either sympathy or settlement.

The corps is going through financial he11 thanks ONLY to the the actions of a single man and an absent "Board", they're arranging for their own survival above all else and the protagonist of their pain needs only to drag it out to cost the corps money in hopes of breaking his very creation so no one else can get it.

Instructional staff have eyes they had wide open.  They, along with all the rest, signed on knowing full-well the risks they took.  "Instructional Staff" should put their big-boy pants on and wish for the best for the corps instead of themselves.  Sometimes, some need reminding that "it's not about you" this time".

Edited by garfield
tense
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Has instructional staff griped or is stuff being thrown at the wall to see what sticks? 

picturing a roulette wheel or dart board being used to decide where to point the finger tomorrow. Biggest thing I see going downhill is credibility and I don’t mean Cadets 

If you don’t like what a corps is doing then don’t join or donate $$$. Don’t let it become an obsession....

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 3