Cadets 2020

7 minutes ago, TwoValves said:

Two.  I stand corrected.  

And accused of many more.... but if you think the $$$ part is more important than the human that’s your choice....

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, JimF-LowBari said:

And accused of many more.... but if you think the $$$ part is more important than the human that’s your choice....

I never said anything of the sort, nor implied it.  Quite the contrary.

Edited by TwoValves
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, MikeD said:
1 hour ago, Slingerland said:

I find it odd that so many here are wanting to excuse the inaction of the former Board of YEA and put it all on Hopkins. They had actual legal responsibility to oversee the organization's activities - their failure to do so doesn't get them off the hook, and the fact that Hopkins was/is a sexual predator actually has nothing to do with the fiscal mismanagement of their organization for years prior to his eventual unmasking.

I don’t see anybody excusing the board. I see people pointing out the reality of a bad situation. GH placed his people on the board; the reality of that is they were not going to fire him, no matter how much they should have. 

The downfall of message boards. People tend to react instead of respond. It's one of the main things that we teach in customer service psychology (yes...that's a thing believe it or not...) When the hammer fell on GH, the responses were anything from "I knew it all along" to complete "I don't think it actually happened" ranges. The old board failed to remove the person who hired them. This isn't a new thing, nor should it shock anyone really (sad, but true.) The new board is left to pick up the pieces financially as well as to answer questions regarding the alleged illegal actions of the former director. That's not an easy place to be considering it's highly doubtful they even have all of the answers. 

I agree with both statements made here. GH should have been removed and he wasn't. That's the failure of the old BoD and the blame is squarely on their shoulders. But the old saying is "don't bite the hand that feeds you." I've worked for some very large companies, as I'm sure many of us have, and have watched the process and fallout of inaction many, many times. What Mike says here is the reality we live in. I would, however, like to point out that although not seemingly tied together, the financial mismanagement and alleged sexual misconduct do have a single tie. They are both tied to power and ego of GH. 

Slingerland is correct in that doesn't excuse the old BoD and I would think most people who look at the whole sorted mess would agree. That will not stop the reactionary "grab the pitchforks" mentality of some people. 

Edited by Weaklefthand4ever
  • Like 7

22 minutes ago, TwoValves said:

I never said anything of the sort, nor implied it.  Quite the contrary.

Ok I’ll remember that.

and Terri refreshed my so called memory on members accusing GH of abuse... so rest of original post here was incorrect 

Edited by JimF-LowBari

1 hour ago, JimF-LowBari said:

“Charged with A criminal act”.... as in ONE criminal act? 

emphasis mine

2016 was definitely criminal.....2014 was more grotesque than anything else. 

1 hour ago, TwoValves said:

But then, lots of people were too busy shouting extreme exaggerations like "Children were raped!!!" that tended to suck up all of the air in the room and overshadowed the actual story unfolding.

But children were raped

• Thanks 3

2 hours ago, TwoValves said:

I don't recall much, if any talk of financial mismanagement as the allegations against GH began to roll out.   

But then, lots of people were too busy shouting extreme exaggerations like "Children were raped!!!" that tended to suck up all of the air in the room and overshadowed the actual story unfolding.

Extreme allegations?!? He sexually assaulted young women, and you’re justifying this? What kind of ####### statement is that? Whether or not they were 18, 28, or 45, he sexually assaulted people and you’re criticizing people calling him out. Do you actually ####### believe it matters if they were any age? Sexual at any age is monstrous, and you downplaying is in the way you did is disturbing, disgusting and pathetic.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

On 1/25/2020 at 8:47 AM, keystone3ply said:

DCI will make loans to member corps?  Talk about a cornucopia of worms in which every corps bird would like to partake.  How is that even possible for a non-profit to loan another non-profit cash?  It may be legally possible but I don't think it would be a prudent practice.     

DCI loans money to corps fairly regularly when a corps' home show is rained out, for example.