Cadets 2020

28 minutes ago, tesmusic said:

Extreme allegations?!? He sexually assaulted young women, and you’re justifying this? What kind of ####### statement is that? Whether or not they were 18, 28, or 45, he sexually assaulted people and you’re criticizing people calling him out. Do you actually ####### believe it matters if they were any age? Sexual at any age is monstrous, and you downplaying is in the way you did is disturbing, disgusting and pathetic.

It matters as a legal technicality, whether you go to civil court or criminal court depending on the offense. Both grotesque, yes.

2 hours ago, TwoValves said:

Let's also not exaggerate it.  He was charged with a criminal act and faces the consequences for it. There is no downplaying anything in that. But I've read many things in this forum and others that have taken the allegations by adult women in the workplace and somehow morphed them into a belief that young members were involved. That's not downplaying. That is simply acknowledging the facts.  

Did any of the reporting of the Philly Inquirer delve into financial mismanagement issues? I am sure some of these problems only revealed themselves after he was gone.  

You sure do sound more like a defender of Hopkins which is dangerous territory to be in. Was more than ONE criminal act and you KNOW that so don't play stupid..unless of course......

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, cybersnyder said:

It matters as a legal technicality, whether you go to civil court or criminal court depending on the offense. Both grotesque, yes.

Sure, in that regard, but sexual assault is sexual assault, and in all forms it’s vile and disgusting, and trying to justify it for anyone reason, or downplaying it due to the victims age is gross. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TwoValves said:

Two.  I stand corrected.  

Time to ignore TwoValves before I get suspended from here.

• Like 1

On 1/25/2020 at 8:47 AM, keystone3ply said:

DCI will make loans to member corps?  Talk about a cornucopia of worms in which every corps bird would like to partake.  How is that even possible for a non-profit to loan another non-profit cash?  It may be legally possible but I don't think it would be a prudent practice.     

Belong to a non-profit that has fairly large amounts of money banked due to a very large cost event held annually. (Hard to rent grounds and set up logistics without cash up front.)

Haven't loaned any money that I am aware of but have gifted money to other non-profits and things run by the national organization. Actually some of the money is specified for education and the youth which helps us keep the non-profit status.

On topic DCI is supposed to support the activity for the member corps. Would not helping with a loan if needed be considered support?

Edited by JimF-LowBari

17 minutes ago, tesmusic said:

Sure, in that regard, but sexual assault is sexual assault, and in all forms it’s vile and disgusting, and trying to justify it for anyone reason, or downplaying it due to the victims age is gross. 

That's not what I'm saying. 

On 1/26/2020 at 9:58 AM, TwoValves said:

Let's also not exaggerate it.  He was charged with a criminal act and faces the consequences for it. There is no downplaying anything in that. But I've read many things in this forum and others that have taken the allegations by adult women in the workplace and somehow morphed them into a belief that young members were involved. That's not downplaying. That is simply acknowledging the facts.  

Did any of the reporting of the Philly Inquirer delve into financial mismanagement issues? I am sure some of these problems only revealed themselves after he was gone.  

How do you exaggerate that over 20 women have accused him of some type of assault? Who cares how old they were/are? Wtf?

Edited by Spinning
  • Like 4