Cadets 2020

2 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

They are executing better in the performance on top.

2000 Cadets executed the crap out of the show - I always find these drill to video comparisons so fascinating

Same youtube user has one for Crown 2019 - quite impressive as well

14 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

2000 Cadets executed the crap out of the show - I always find these drill to video comparisons so fascinating

Same youtube user has one for Crown 2019 - quite impressive as well

How is it that I've never seen any of these?!?! I guess I spend too much time in the wood shop these days. Though it looks like something we would have created on our Amiga Video Toasters in 1991, it's still pretty #### cool. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, TwoValves said:

I don't recall much, if any talk of financial mismanagement as the allegations against GH began to roll out.   

Not sure how long you have been following drum corps or Cadets, but financial issues have long plagued Cadets, beginning back in the days when the corps moved from Garfield to Bergen County.  Cadets were not alone, and more than a few corps are lucky to have survived. I’m not sure I recall accusations of illegal mismanagement of funds, but accusations of poor management of funds goes back quite a few years. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, George Dixon said:

Interesting how he changed the drill move at the end lol...

Pretty good though. 

13 minutes ago, waliman4444 said:

R I P   KOBE!!

Yeah, I'm pretty devastated. I grew up watching this man. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:

How is it that I've never seen any of these?!?! 

This software has been around for several years at least.  On the right side of this video there was another one from music by a couple of bands.  Wish the program designers could improve what the guard can do with equipment.  It's missing a lot when the flags only spin in one direction.  This other video could have more involvement with the guard since they were missing at times.  But, I wouldn't know how to begin creating something like this or how difficult it is.  Has to be time consuming.

28 minutes ago, Tim K said:

Not sure how long you have been following drum corps or Cadets, but financial issues have long plagued Cadets, beginning back in the days when the corps moved from Garfield to Bergen County.  Cadets were not alone, and more than a few corps are lucky to have survived. I’m not sure I recall accusations of illegal mismanagement of funds, but accusations of poor management of funds goes back quite a few years. 

Every, single corps, bar two I'd bet, is just one bad catastrophe away from collapse.  Ask any one of them - they're used to it and it scares them to death every, single year.  Just look at the financials and find the "war chests" built up.  You might find one at two current corps.  Three, tops.  And it's been this way for years.  They have to spend every, single penny just to stay in the game.  I'm only now beginning to notice financials with positive net worth increasing a few hundred or thousand dollars per year. - pitiful for orgs running million-dollar budgets.

There are a few corps that have very sizable foundations but, mostly, the activity runs hand-to-mouth each year.  It's easy to look back and point fingers but the reality is that not TwoValves nor anyone else has enough fingers.

• Like 4