Cadets 2020

45 minutes ago, lifeisaround said:I mean I wouldn’t know or anything just being involved since 2017.... still missing my paychecks.... 

Design team? 

23 hours ago, kdaddy said:

I just got an email callback from the Cadets!

Nevermind that I'm 40 and never auditioned, but I'm pretty excited about it!

(Is GH somehow still bumbling this corps?)

EPV9yz4W4AAiH2X?format=jpg&name=4096x409

yes! the 75 Muchachos tribute show!!!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Fred Windish said:

It’s really pretty simple.  Watch these older videos and pay equal attention to the audience. Notice what moments bring out spontaneous audience approval. Movement or Music. Doesn’t matter which, nor what corps. Next, accept the following . . .

WE NEED MORE OF THAT !

(some things should not change)

(Z pull)

12 hours ago, exitmusic said:

So that's a, "no."

What on earth is going on over there? The entire DCI community knows the house is on fire, yet complete silence from YEA.

would they really still be having camps if it was a no?

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, George Dixon said:

or... Cadets aren't a "new corps" but an existing corps simply transferred under a new umbrella!

I know - common sense "crazy talk" on my part. Which this thread is sorely lacking.

come on, business experts abound!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Wouldn’t slowing a roll create a bigger tear? 

only if someone really hung the shot release

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MikeD said:

Can you refresh me on what two years the Crossmen had to compete in Open class, first when they became a "new" corps when YEA! took them over and second when they left YEA! and became a "new" corps based in Texas?

none. or Boston when they left their YEA arrangement. in fact i believe they made finals the next year

1 hour ago, Jeff Ream said:

none. or Boston when they left their YEA arrangement. in fact i believe they made finals the next year

Or this group called Garfield Cadets that moved and reorganized (to escape debt) as The Cadets of Bergen County. I seem to remember some 89 Les Miz show that competed after a winter of rampant staff changes and a horn line that didn’t fill out until June but thrilled the crowd come finals week. Some fools named Tom and April were percussion and guard caption leads.-Hmmmmm. And to think - the next season they won the whole thing. Sounds impossible

But heck - I’m probably remembering all this wrong 

Edited by George Dixon
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, George Dixon said:

or... Cadets aren't a "new corps" but an existing corps simply transferred under a new umbrella!

I know - common sense "crazy talk" on my part. Which this thread is sorely lacking.

DCI's members are the parent organizations. Not the specific drum corps. It's why orgs with Exec Directors/CEOs of the parent company have THEM vote at the Januals, not the corps directors.

If The Cadets aren't part of YEA, but part of a new stand-alone non-profit, they are part of a new entity, one that has no history with DCI. One that would, if they enforced the rules, have to observe the same restrictions as any other first-year organization. 

So yeah, oops.

Edited by Slingerland
  • Haha 1