Cadets 2020

26 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

Thank you. That’s exactly where I’m at, seeking to understand the situation. 

Until the Cadets/YEA and DCI put out real information, everything discussed is irrelevant, as it is not based on any real evidence. What is the point of this back and forth based on conjecture? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, MikeD said:

Until the Cadets/YEA and DCI put out real information, everything discussed is irrelevant, as it is not based on any real evidence. What is the point of this back and forth based on conjecture? 

To give us all something to do on our lunch breaks?  :tongue:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, MikeD said:

Ad revenue. 

6 minutes ago, MikeD said:

I don’t know - it’s a drum corps discussion forum. So some people come here to discuss?  The point is to strive to understand. Why does seeking the truth threaten you?  Because kids might leave Cadets and go elsewhere?  I doubt that would happen from some back and forth on an Internet forum. So what is it?

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

Why don’t you tell us all what the real situation is. Then no one will have to speculate. Or are you also speculating?  “Spiraling out of control” is in the mind of the beholder. Perhaps for the overly defensive, that’s how you see it. Others might be genuinely interested in trying to understand what’s going on. 

I don't know the real situation which is why I'm not speculating what it is one way or another, but nice try.

37 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

Thank you. That’s exactly where I’m at, seeking to understand the situation. 

Nobody in this thread is really trying to understand the situation. They are just participating in idle gossip because the people who are actually in the know aren't posting in this thread. Anyone really trying to understand the situation would contact the corps directly, but instead it is just a bunch of speculation, rumors, and pearl clutching.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, MikeD said:

There are so many points of discussion going on it’s hard to keep up.  Mostly I’m just reading and trying to follow this fast growing and often confusing thread.  But what it does show for good or for bad, the HUGE interest in Cadets.  What might be worse, would be to hear nothing at all about them. The interest in them will be a component of their survival and get them through their reset.  Carry on.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, dbc03 said:

I don't know the real situation which is why I'm not speculating what it is one way or another, but nice try.

Nobody in this thread is really trying to understand the situation. They are just participating in idle gossip because the people who are actually in the know aren't posting in this thread. Anyone really trying to understand the situation would contact the corps directly, but instead it is just a bunch of speculation, rumors, and pearl clutching.

And even when first hand knowledge is presented, the speculation and mind-reading continues. Confused why any drum corps fans would hope for the demise of any corps. The current Cadets management team has been dealing with a very challenging situation. A little benefit of the doubt might just be beneficial to all concerned.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

21 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

I don’t know - it’s a drum corps discussion forum. So some people come here to discuss?  The point is to strive to understand. Why does seeking the truth threaten you?  Because kids might leave Cadets and go elsewhere?  I doubt that would happen from some back and forth on an Internet forum. So what is it?

Striving to understand would be based on factual information, not aimless guesswork.

It doesn’t threaten me at all. I just do not think that the Cadets need any bogus stuff right now, as they work through their business plan. 

I would turn it around. Why do you want to want to engage in pointless discussion negative to the organization, especially when not based on real information?

• Thanks 4

1 hour ago, HockeyDad said:

Why don’t you tell us all what the real situation is. Then no one will have to speculate. Or are you also speculating?  “Spiraling out of control” is in the mind of the beholder. Perhaps for the overly defensive, that’s how you see it. Others might be genuinely interested in trying to understand what’s going on. 

MANY people on here have said a bunch about the real "situation" and no one wants to believe them

So... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, dans said:

And even when first hand knowledge is presented, the speculation and mind-reading continues. Confused why any drum corps fans would hope for the demise of any corps. The current Cadets management team has been dealing with a very challenging situation. A little benefit of the doubt might just be beneficial to all concerned.

exactly.