Cadets 2020

50 minutes ago, dans said:

And even when first hand knowledge is presented, the speculation and mind-reading continues. Confused why any drum corps fans would hope for the demise of any corps. 

This is probably the most honest answer. You interpret discussion of the present situations as people hoping for the demise of the corps. I throw the B.S. flag at that. 

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, MikeD said:

Until the Cadets/YEA and DCI put out real information, everything discussed is irrelevant, as it is not based on any real evidence. What is the point of this back and forth based on conjecture? 

This is a discussion group, not a court trial.  Discussion is not limited by the rules of evidence.

Until now, I have not even really asked what is going on with Cadets because it is obvious that they will get through it, whatever it is.  They clearly have the support of DCI, their fellow competing corps, and a number of activity corporate partners.  But the manner in which certain people hyper-defend, hyper-distract and hyper-obstruct discussion here is getting my spidey-senses activated.

I invite those "in the know" to share via PM what the secret plan is, so that I can be sure not to say anything here that inadvertently interferes with the success of that process.  What happens in PM, stays in PM.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

This is probably the most honest answer. You interpret discussion of the present situations as people hoping for the demise of the corps. I throw the B.S. flag at that. 

No, I interpret those who refuse to accept first-hand information as people hoping for the demise of the corps. You can pick the flag up now.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

Sometimes it is and sometimes it isn’t.  Sometimes the answer lies in between.  We should understand why the Cadets faithful would be hypersensitive to attacks on their corps because there have been so many over the years and a fair number have been stealthy, veiled, or passive-aggressive.  The Cadets faithful should understand why others are hypersensitive to allegations of engaging in such behavior, because most people, including those who offer honest criticisms or express sincere concerns, do not hope for their demise, even if it starts to feel that way after a while.  

As evidence of how rampant assumptions are, I have been accused, more than once, of hating the Cadets and I have been accused, more than once, of being a member of their staff.  For the record, neither of those things is even remotely the case.

2 hours ago, exitmusic said:

so instead, you just post things that are wrong on DCP.

Makes total sense!

Then can you post some sort of source so that we can all understand and believe what you're talking about? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

Then can you post some sort of source so that we can all understand and believe what you're talking about? 

No, he can't.