Cadets 2020

14 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

Then can you post some sort of source so that we can all understand and believe what you're talking about? 

Thinking of my job... if you say no that’s wrong or not going to work, you know the next question will be why and you’d better be prepared to back it up....

1 hour ago, skevinp said:

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with a girl who saw Cadets pass-out at 31 Flavors last night.

I guess it's pretty serious?   Thank you, Simone.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Thinking of my job... if you say no that’s wrong or not going to work, you know the next question will be why and you’d better be prepared to back it up....

I work in IT and it's the same process. 

16 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

I work in IT and it's the same process. 

Yep IT here for a few more weeks....

and if you promise anything great without backing  it up 🤬

Edited by JimF-LowBari

15 hours ago, George Dixon said:

Or this group called Garfield Cadets that moved and reorganized (to escape debt) as The Cadets of Bergen County. I seem to remember some 89 Les Miz show that competed after a winter of rampant staff changes and a horn line that didn’t fill out until June but thrilled the crowd come finals week. Some fools named Tom and April were percussion and guard caption leads.-Hmmmmm. And to think - the next season they won the whole thing. Sounds impossible

But heck - I’m probably remembering all this wrong 

nope!

14 hours ago, Slingerland said:

DCI's members are the parent organizations. Not the specific drum corps. It's why orgs with Exec Directors/CEOs of the parent company have THEM vote at the Januals, not the corps directors.

If The Cadets aren't part of YEA, but part of a new stand-alone non-profit, they are part of a new entity, one that has no history with DCI. One that would, if they enforced the rules, have to observe the same restrictions as any other first-year organization. 

So yeah, oops.

then DCI has oopsed before....and will again

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

I don’t doubt it.   

Heck... I remember hearing that "drum corps died" in 1971, my first year marching. Maybe I should have gotten out then when the getting was good!!!  :laughing:

Edited by Fran Haring
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

11 hours ago, Fred Windish said:

Would this be an ‘underwater’ restaurant chain, the common remedy would be bankruptcy, closing stores, selling assets, and coming back  smaller, but still breathing somehow, and with a clean plate of no outstanding debt.

And if it's a restaurant chain, I certainly hope the plates would be clean. :tongue:

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, Slingerland said:

DCI's members are the parent organizations. Not the specific drum corps. It's why orgs with Exec Directors/CEOs of the parent company have THEM vote at the Januals, not the corps directors.

If The Cadets aren't part of YEA, but part of a new stand-alone non-profit, they are part of a new entity, one that has no history with DCI. One that would, if they enforced the rules, have to observe the same restrictions as any other first-year organization. 

So yeah, oops.

That would require a strict interpretation of the rules and a desire to punish The Cadets. Not impossible, but unlikely. 

Edited by cybersnyder
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Algernon said:

So, it's OK if the Cadets separate from YEA in order to walk away from tons of debt? Yeah that's a sound business practice

i think it's more than that.