Cadets 2020

9 minutes ago, rpbobcat said:

If there is a specific plan in place (set in stone),that is being implemented,why not release something "official".

What I wonder is if there is more of a "framework" for going forward,with certain components still " in flux".

Again,no problem with that,just say so.

Because they're still finalizing things which does have a bit of a risk to it, deals do fall through at the last minute. Any other party / parties involved may want to wait for timing on an announcement as well. I think it will be something positive, if the corps were folding, that would have been leaked. I have a prediction based on zero information and just predicting likely outcomes.

35 minutes ago, rpbobcat said:

If there is a specific plan in place (set in stone),that is being implemented,why not release something "official".

What I wonder is if there is more of a "framework" for going forward,with certain components still " in flux".

I thought "Frameworks" was The Cavaliers circa 2002.

I knew I could find a way to insert myself into 192 pages of conversation.

:dancin:

Edited by Old Corps Guy

51 minutes ago, rpbobcat said:

What I wonder is if there is more of a "framework" for going forward,with certain components still " in flux".

They will be. At the correct time. I'm pretty sure that's been stated about 25 times.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, cybersnyder said:

Because they're still finalizing things 

exactly

When Hopkins was involved everything from show concepts to big organizational needs / announcements was released half-baked and stream-of-consciousness 

It makes me feel very reassured that the adults now in charge are thinking things through, crossing-t's and dotting i's before announcements. Everyone complained in the past there was too much half-baked stuff announced - now it's "where is my update??"

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

55 minutes ago, rpbobcat said:

People used to complain when GH put stuff out way too early. Now there are complaints that they are not putting out stuff too early.

I for one do not want to see them throw something out until they are ready in every way.

• Like 5

If I was a leader of the Cadets, or any other corps,  I would be PLEASED to see such great interest in the status of my organization! It’s been quite clear for many years, the Cadets have been the most talked about drum corps on Drum Corps Planet. For me, thIs would be a positive place to be !

Without looking up who made this relevant observation,  No matter if the conversation is positive or negative, what counts most is to be on their mind. When they stop talking about you . . . . that’s a problem.

I think the Cadets will be just fine. Also, very much anticipated !

(find another hot dog corps). 😃

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Fred Windish said:

If I was a leader of the Cadets, or any other corps,  I would be PLEASED to see such great interest in the status of my organization! It’s been quite clear for many years, the Cadets have been the most talked about drum corps on Drum Corps Planet. For me, thIs would be a positive place to be !

Without looking up who made this relevant observation,  No matter if the conversation is positive or negative, what counts most is to be on their mind. When they stop talking about you . . . . that’s a problem.

I think the Cadets will be just fine. Also, very much anticipated !

(find another hot dog corps). 😃

I don't know, an off-season without 100+ pages of doom and gloom would be a nice change of pace, but also completely out of character for DCP.

5 minutes ago, dbc03 said:

I don't know, an off-season without 100+ pages of doom and gloom would be a nice change of pace, but also completely out of character for DCP.

I don’t see this as simply “doom and gloom.”  Of course, there’s some of that as people should be free to interpret conditions as such. I just see fervent interest in what Cadets do.  I’ll continue to believe this can be advantageous, if managed effectively.

• Like 1